Shadows Smooth Doesent Work

Posted By: Agamennon

Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 05/14/02 16:38

Im using A5 Commercial 5.203 and, i can't seem to make my shadows smooth, a litle quote from the WED help: You'll notice that the shadow runs smooth along the walls, but at the columns there are relatively sharp edges. If you are a lucky owner of the Commercial or even the Professional Edition, you can elegantly get rid of those light edges by assigning the Smooth flag to the corresponding texture.

For this, select the column you're going to apply smooth shading to. Within the Project / Texture window click right onto the corresponding texture and go to Settings, where you mark Smooth, then click OK. By another right click you Apply the texture to the selected column, then Build again and well, your column appears nicely round.

To give the whole thing a little more atmosphere, you can give the second light a different colour - like yellowish by having less blue and more red and green. And now you know about the secrets of Commercial Professionality:

Well... that doesent work, i am able to check the Smooth check box, but it produces no effect, my shadows look just the same as before, please can any one tell me how to Smooth my shadows?
tkx !!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 05/15/02 14:11

Are you compiling your level in preview mode? If so, try a full build. It might make the difference.

Re: Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 05/15/02 16:46

In order for smoothing to work you should make sure the following points are met:
a) At least two neighboring faces are set to smooth (in Object Properties/Textures).
b) The neighboring faces have an angle of less than 90 degrees, i.e. you canīt smooth shade a cube
c) The texture is reasonably sized and scaled
d) In build options Testmap or Levelmap is selected, Preview and Highprec are deactivated
Posted By: weirdo

Re: Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 02/18/03 00:15

Have you tried upgrading?
Posted By: Digital Dave

Re: Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 02/20/03 12:05

c) The texture is reasonably sized and scaled

Can you quantify "reasonably" so we'll know what size is "actually" correct?

Re: Shadows Smooth Doesent Work - 02/20/03 13:56

Buy GameStudio, don't warez. [Roll Eyes]
© 2024 lite-C Forums