Voice Chat in game

Posted By: Gian

Voice Chat in game - 07/12/07 10:37

Hi everybody,
I am new to 3DGS and I'd like to understand if it could be the right tool to develop a project. I should build not properly a game, but something like a virtual 3D set, with about 10-15 locations. The whole thing would stay on a LAN of max 10-12 clients. The aim should be allowing people to login from a client and then move freely in the locations. Every client should have a mic and headphones set, and what I should do is allowing people who meet in the game, to speak/hear through mic/headphones. The best would be realising a system which select who can hear, basing on the distance between target and the speaker.

Do you think 3DGS could do the job?

Thank in advance.
G.P.
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/12/07 22:11

i think everything should be possible....
here was a plugin around where you can record sounds...and then you can ofc play them on your and other pc's

and the rest can be done in c-script
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/13/07 00:20

yeah, you could probably do that pretty easily actually.
Posted By: Gian

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/13/07 09:22

@Scorpion
I don't know if the solution you suggest could do the job for me: if I have to record the sound and then play it, the listener have to wait. I need the sound to stream

@lostclimate
Can you give me some more details?

Regards,
G.P.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/13/07 09:52

well a plugin would have to be wrote for the voice streaming (I think its already be done) and you could easily connect 10-12 clients on a lan network with 3dgs multiplayer functions
Posted By: nfs42

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/13/07 11:40

look at A6Network Plugin, I think there's VOIP support.
Posted By: nipx

Re: Voice Chat in game - 07/16/07 09:46

you could use directX(DirectPlay) to write a voicechat... (or at least the plugin)

nipx
© 2024 lite-C Forums