help with multiplayer

Posted By: BadaBing

help with multiplayer - 11/23/02 04:47

ok....I'm working with the multiplayer workshops on the downloads page, and I have a few questions.

1) I have a level set up, and I run the script that cam with the multiplayer workshop 2, and it says
"My.event = _actor_connect"
Parameter unknown "_actor_connect"

I know that it means that it can't find the function _actor connect, and neither could I it's not in the script that comes with the multiplayer workshop. I don't know what is supposed to be in the function otherwise I would create it myself, and there is nothing in the workshop about it.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

2) for this multiplayer game, I want ot play with some of my friends who don't have 3DGS. Is it possible to do this if I just publish the game.

3) How can I keep a score of how many kills each player has. (i.e. on my screens it shows hoe many kills I have, and on another players screen it shows how many kills they have.)

Any help here will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced, and sorry if anything was unclear.
Posted By: WildCat

Re: help with multiplayer - 11/23/02 05:58

I've not done anything with multiplayer yet, but I did notice that there is an "_actor_connect" function in ACTORS.WDL, from the templates.

Perhaps you need to include a few template files.

- WildCat
Posted By: BadaBing

Re: help with multiplayer - 11/23/02 06:00

yes after I posted this, I did a search in the templates, and I found it. I feel so stupid that I didn't do that first.

Thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums