How does the BRIGHT flag work?

Posted By: WildCat

How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/13/02 04:40

Does it average the colors of pixels for each layer, add color values or do something different?

Thanks!

- WildCat
Posted By: Shummy

Re: How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/23/02 08:19

bright flag is useless only for small details it just britens it up but it looks crappy in my opinion. I like no fog for things liek shiny signs neon things but bright i dunno i never use it.
Posted By: NoelCower

Re: How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/23/02 08:33

It's good for fire, lens-flares, water, and in some cases, acidic rain. I use it for light beams, too. Basically, it's like color-dodge (the layer type) in Photoshop, in my opinion.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/23/02 10:09

The description I read said it added a value (not sure what) to the texture/s behind it. An example of use would be a night level with streetlamps. Even though you have minimal lighting in the scene you can "light" areas of the ground by placing disks with the bright flag.

At least that's what I think it's for. Never had reason to test it since you can just precompute the light effects.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/26/02 07:20

Actually the BRIGHT-flag means ADDITIVE.
-> A pixel of a model with BRIGHT-flag is ONLY RENDERED if it is brighter than the one behind it.

I think that there's such an effect in Photoshop, too.
Posted By: WildCat

Re: How does the BRIGHT flag work? - 12/31/02 00:27

Thanks for the input folks... but I don't need to know when or how to use it, rather exactly what it is doing.

It can't be just lighting the brightest pixel values, and I don't think it is just adding the color values.

Anyone have any other ideas?

JCL, could you put this question to rest for me?

- WildCat
© 2024 lite-C Forums