Physics Ball Ready to use in WED

Posted By: Anonymous

Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 05/25/03 21:28

I am having trouble scripting my own physics so could someone write it for me and put in a lvl displaying it..thank you or in german danke!
Posted By: Juff

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 05/27/03 04:50

Sure I will, I'll make it right now

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/01/03 21:43

e-mail to me at Master_Yodax38@msn.com

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/02/03 02:33

Sent it

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/02/03 02:58

I can't send it, it says that the message size exceeds the size limit of the server

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/02/03 08:19

then can you put it a compressed folder?
thank you for helping! [Wink]

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/02/03 10:31

As soon as I send it I get an e-mail saying this:

<Master_Yodax38@msn.com>: message size 4775210 exceeds size limit 4278190 of
server mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.166.99]

Iv'e made it as small as I can, any ideas?

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 06/02/03 22:00

Maybe you could post on your web site to be able to be downloaded or take some stuff i dont really need like a model or something?
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 07/30/03 10:10

I've been picking what I can up of physics code so I know as much about it as I can when I get my A6 Comm upgrade- so I happened to glance here...

You can go to www.planetacknex.com and go into the downloads section, then "add download" and you can upload it to the planetacknex server for others to download. I'd be happy to study the code as well.

-Rhuarc

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 08/06/03 08:41

Well, I've been studying up on how to do physics coding, and I think I've got some that will work right (untested).
code:
var earthgravity[3] = 0,0, -386;
//... add this at the bottom of your main function:
// ph_setgravity( earthgravity );
// ph_selectgroup(1);

// place this below your main function
action ball
{
phent_settype(my, PH_RIGID, PH_SPHERE );
phent_setmass(my, 10, ph_sphere);
phent_setgroup(my, 1);
phent_setelasticity(my, 75, 0);
phent_setfriction (my, 12);
phent_enable(my, 1);
}

After adding this to your main wdl file, go into WED and add a sphere model and assign the ball action to it. You might wanna place the ball off the ground a ways (if I works like I think it does) so that it will drop to the ground when the level loads and bounce (I think!). I can't test the code (as I have A5pro), but I think it will work properly.

-Rhuarc

(*braces for error reports*)
Posted By: Guardian

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 08/06/03 09:23

Hi Rhuarc, just wanted to let you know the ball works pretty good but it does not fall to the ground. I had to give it a nudge with the gamestudio guard model. It seems to work more like something in zero gravity. But cool none the less. Just needs some gravity. [Smile]

Edit: Oops didn't see the gravity stuff hehe getting tired. I'll take another look.

Guardian
Posted By: Guardian

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 08/06/03 09:32

Yep it works just fine knocked the ball through the wall though. Works just as you would expect.

Guardian

Re: Physics Ball Ready to use in WED - 08/07/03 07:56

Glad to hear it works (wow, my first shot without testing worked, that's pretty good. lol)

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, maybe I'll try some more advanced things- the hinges and stuff look interesting. If only I could test on my machine and see it [Frown] . But oh well, I'll hopefully be getting A6pro sometime in the near future.

Later,
Rhuarc
© 2024 lite-C Forums