Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger?

Posted By: jaknine

Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger? - 08/28/08 23:32

I am very close to releasing a new software product built with A7 but I'm concerned about how my virus checker reacts when I run it.

I'm using Kaspersky and every time I try to run my program it pops up a notice that says "malicious file, keylogger detected", along with buttons to allow it to run or terminate. Since this happens with quite a few other programs I install I know it's just erring on the side of caution, so I say "allow". My concern is how my customers who might not be so computer literate will react to it.

If a customer sees that, the first thing they will think it "oh no! I don't want one of those keylogger things on my computer! I saw something about that and them hackers on the news" and bam, I have an angry customer before they've even run the software.

Is there any way around this issue? Any way to disable something in the code so it doesn't trigger this type of warning?

I'm really concerned about how this is going to affect my product.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger? - 08/29/08 08:53

Are you running the engine in native mode, or packed with any software like Nacasi or Molebox?
Posted By: jaknine

Re: Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger? - 08/31/08 23:18

Just in standard mode. There's nothing else attached to it.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger? - 08/31/08 23:27

Guess you did something like selecting the "other programs" or detect keyloggers. Doing so will give many false positives. Also any program that uses some kind of keylog activity will let Kaspersky warn. Most games uses this otherwise you cannot press keys and get reaction in the game. You can't easy work around afaik. You can trust Conitec though.

Explain the end-user the reason for this AV warning message. Also it will not be there when they scan the executable. Only when the executable is executed. Let them scan it with Nod32 or any other good AV solution if they are unsure.
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: Virus checker detects Acknex as a keylogger? - 09/10/08 18:42

add your A7 to trusted zone in kaspersky which allow any operation and will not disturb your work wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums