ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"?

Posted By: andibeh

ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"? - 03/23/09 12:47

In order to get a realistic behaviour of a crane simulator I would need to set the "var CMF" value in "ph_setcorrections" to very small value.

Unfortunately there seems to be a limitation which doesn't allow values below 0.0005, which still is a to big for my application.

Is there a way to overcome this limitation?
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"? - 03/23/09 18:31

and how ph_sercorrections will make realistic behavior for you crane?

Re: ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"? - 03/24/09 07:24

For the setup of the crane we used naturalistic, means quite big dimensions and weights. In doing that the crane joints still behave quite "weak" when using the minimal possible value of "var CFM".

The only possible solution then is to set the mass of the crane parts and responding the joint forces to unrealistic low values. Unfortunately there are side effects like unrealistc movement of applied weights or unexpected behaviour of movements of the crane in certain positions.
Posted By: Jaxas

Re: ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"? - 03/28/09 19:20

what i can recommend for you, is to play with mass. And i think ph_setcorrection is not the way to solve this problem smile

Re: ph_setcorrections: limitation of minimum value of "var CFM"? - 03/31/09 07:11

Well, that was what I did.

Unfortunatly the behaviour of the crane parts became somehow unrealistic.
A bit like made out of paper ...

But obviously there is no other possibility.
© 2024 lite-C Forums