ANET Queries

Posted By: Gumby22don

ANET Queries - 03/30/09 03:53

Hi,

I'm starting to play with 3DGS again, using A7.73, and was looking at the ANET library.

I was wondering, given the manual states that client and server must be running the same code base, whether that consitutes a security risk, with clients being able to see the server code?

Also, is it possible to create connections on the fly, so changing what server you are connected to for a file download function, then reconnecting once the download was complete?
And is it possible to leave a connection to a second server up while doing this, so have a separate and unique connection to a "chat" server while moving between zone-servers at will?

Thanks in advance, and it looks great

Don
have a great day
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: ANET Queries - 03/30/09 06:39

Quote:
I was wondering, given the manual states that client and server must be running the same code base, whether that consitutes a security risk, with clients being able to see the server code?

This is only needed if you use Lite-C. In C-Script you won't need to use the same code. I don't get it why this should be a security risk, because in Lite-C the code is compiled into the exe.

There are 3 types of connections that can run simultan: The ENet Connection, a UDP connection (available in the PRO Version) and unlimited HTTP connections with database servers... (also available in the PRO)

You can change the connections between ENet servers by disconnecting and reconnecting using (enet_host_destroy or enet_disconnect_client on the server and enet_init_client).

I hope that helps.
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: ANET Queries - 03/30/09 19:35

Thanks very much, I think that will be great. I'm going to see if I can get an old side-scroller working first, and I'll see how I go smile

Don
have a great day
© 2024 lite-C Forums