Asteroid Problem

Posted By: Canaanark

Asteroid Problem - 04/01/09 15:19

Me and my group have a problem with making an asteroid blow up and for it to make smaller asteroids. For all I know it could be something so easy.

So far, we have given it health so it would die. We placed smaller asteroids within the large one, but this just made unable to move.

We tried to make it move, but the small asteroids just hits the large one.....so if anyone has any ideas of how we can make a large asteroid break into smaller asteroids. (And we have the objects of smaller asteroids, but getting them to appear is on of the problems).

Thanks for reading.
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Asteroid Problem - 04/01/09 15:57

Just make the big one passable and move the the small ones with ignore_passable
Posted By: Shinobi

Re: Asteroid Problem - 04/10/09 13:27

Just create the small ones after destroying the big one.
Posted By: MadMark

Re: Asteroid Problem - 05/09/09 22:08

Create the small ones using the xyz coords (+/- random small number in each direction) of the big one, making them stay still, invisible and passable. Make the big one stop moving, passable and invisible. Now make your little ones visible and non-passable, and get them moving along in the same direction as the big one was going and add another random to their direction. Then remove the big one.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Asteroid Problem - 05/09/09 22:40

umm.... dude, am sure it could be a little easier.... just call ent_create when ur main asteroids health hits zero...

something like:

ent_create("your model name here",my.x,miniasteroid_func);

then move the smaller piecese with c_move...

i hope i made things a little clearer
ps. you still have to set the smaller pieces to passable
Posted By: KiwiBoy

Re: Asteroid Problem - 05/09/09 23:05

You can create something similar by modelling it to break up in an animation sequence.
Then cut the model into its appropriate segments i.e large asteroid breaks or blows apart saved then the pieces resulting from the blow up are deleted from the time frame then go back to original file and repeat but save the little pieces animation then combine with the methods above to get an advanced effect.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Asteroid Problem - 05/09/09 23:29

yup.. that could work laugh... didnt think of that
© 2024 lite-C Forums