d3d problems ??

Posted By: GT_Studios

d3d problems ?? - 01/27/04 23:01

i recently bought a new graphics card. its a 64mb nvidia (voodoo 4 i think) now when i run my levels the game crashes unless i have "no d3d" sekected. it also crashes when i compile and run the exe. is there a way i can turn d3d off on my exe aswell as i can test games properly on my laptop and is der nay other ideas of this problem ? thanks
Posted By: GT_Studios

Re: d3d problems ?? - 01/27/04 23:08

sorry the card is a Geforce 4, MX 440 64MB
Posted By: sonic2nd

Re: d3d problems ?? - 01/28/04 09:31

Your computer probably sucks. Or, quite possibly... you can check for the latest version of Directx. However, turning off direct3d causes extremely mediocre graphical output.
Posted By: Crossy

Re: d3d problems ?? - 01/28/04 13:28

go to the file and then options i think, then see at the bottom it should say gxlbase.dll or something, but if you dont have it then get the newest directx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

Posted By: old_bill

Re: d3d problems ?? - 01/30/04 02:07

Did you had an ATI Card before in this PC?

It could be, that the ForceWare and ATI Drivers are mixed because of an failed installation of the ATI drivers.
There are some tools out which clean the drivers completely, just search at Google.
Also try Start->Run..->dxdiag and check the 3D results, if there anything strange....

old_bill
© 2024 lite-C Forums