Tornado

Posted By: agreenknight

Tornado - 07/06/04 22:35

Quote:

var d_direction_min[3] = -1,0,0; // currently set to Wvar d_direction_max[3] = -1,0,0; // currently set to W /* DIRECTIONS ARE INTO THE CARDINAL DIRECTION(i.e. north wind is blowing towards north) 0, 1, 0 north 0,-1, 0 south -1, 0, 0 west 1, 0, 0 east */

I was wondering if there would be a way to get a force to go go in a circular direction. I was wondering if there would be a way to decrease the force. So that the force would start out like o, 10, 0 north, then 0, 9, 0, north, then 0, 8, 0 forth.

Would there be the force in a circular direction?
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Tornado - 07/07/04 03:14

Quote:

So that the force would start out like o, 10, 0 north, then 0, 9, 0, north, then 0, 8, 0 forth.

The values have to be either 0, 1, or -1. The number has nothing to do with the amount of force, but with the direction the wind will go.

-1, 0, 0 is west
1, 0, 0 is east
0, 1, 0 is north
0, -1, 0 is south

Southwest would be -1, -1, 0

The part that controls the force is this:

Code:
var w_speed_factor = 1;         // multiplies w_speed_max when hurricane is used...higher = faster speed....dependent on w_speed_max....range: 1-infinity

Posted By: agreenknight

Re: Tornado - 07/07/04 04:08

Yes, I know that but Thank you.

What I'm wondering is if the force could go around in a circle, instead of a straight line by telling it the path you want it to take. Then when it goes around once it goes down, and makes another revolution,
© 2024 lite-C Forums