A curtain real??

Posted By: Superjeu3D

A curtain real?? - 08/24/04 21:20

I want make a curtain real (with the objects physics) but i'm not working this... Know you tuts or exemples for this??

Thanx,

Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: A curtain real?? - 08/25/04 09:56

Search in the forum for "cloth". I once posted a link to an intel site with nice explanations of mass-spring-systems. A6 does not have those built-in but they are not terribly hard to write yourself.
Posted By: Alexander Esslinger

Re: A curtain real?? - 08/25/04 12:37

...but then quite slow. How will you deform your object? Using vec_to_mesh()??

If they are not hard to implement, it would be nice to do that in the physics engine . Sooner or later it will need some basic soft-body physics.
Posted By: MMike

Re: A curtain real?? - 08/25/04 18:55

i was thinkning in someting, like: is possible to attach bones to small mdl boxs, and then each box has an physic action, when the player touch a box, the box will move a bone, that is attached in MED in one vertix, and then maybe you can have a cloth , i don't know just a thought...
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A curtain real?? - 08/25/04 19:22

It's a pretty nice effect, though I don't know how they do it in games I've played. I can recall in Splinter Cell and Fatal Frame 2 some instances where you walk through curtains that react to the player.
Posted By: Superjeu3D

Re: A curtain real?? - 08/25/04 21:03

I attempt attached any balls physics at other balls physics for make a curtain, but this not good... But i attempt, i attempt...

Thanx for your responses and i think that with a bones and a small boxs when the player touched this...

© 2024 lite-C Forums