Pathfinding Again

Posted By: Romin

Pathfinding Again - 01/23/13 22:03

After spending a whole week in failed attempts to implement Pathfinding by Hendrik Felix Pohl & Tpathfinding -a tinny pathfinding plugin in my project, because of my older version of 3DGS. and unfortunately i can't update my engine at the moment coz my game gives me weired errors. I finally found the path finding by Azarov Dmitry compatible with my 3DGS.

But unfortunatley i can't make it to run a simple test level. After spending whole day in front of computer to fix it, i am posting it here in hope that one of you will take a few miutes of your time to check the code and fix it.

DOWNLOAD

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/23/13 23:56

Please someone look at my code, it is only a few lines. I couldn't figure out the problem may be you can. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/24/13 01:18

Once again: You're impertinent. Don't expect other people to do your homework. The source you provide clearly shows that you have no idea what you're doing. Try to get the "main - original.c" file to run. You just need to apply two fixes there. They are easy as pie to find. If you can't, do the tutorials and learn scripting from the start. Or post under Jobs Offered and offer money for fixing your code. But please stop flooding the forum with doubleposts. Nobody will do the dirty work for you. And even if someone did this won't get you far on the long run.

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/24/13 16:38

is there someone who instead of criticising me, try to help me?
i am not asking others to do my homeeork, i just got stuck and since it is official forum for people to share their problem and ask help but some people here will criticise you for asking help here.
i uploaded the whole code bcoz i coudnt figure out how the pathfinding works. it wasnt a question like how to turn the player thst doesnt require uploading ur whole level.

if it is a forum to ask for help please help me since iam asking for it sonce several days. if it is not aforum to ask for help then i am sorry.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/24/13 16:56

you don't ask for help you ask people to work for you for free
and that's the difference...

i could do it but i haven't got the time to download others code and put maybe 1 hour of work into it to just help some beginner getting his "urgent" project to be finished

we all have our own projects, own problems, own real live. just get used to it that programming isn't the candy land

pay for it and we will do it without any questions
ask politley and show that you've tried stuff to get it work and we will help you
Posted By: Superku

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/24/13 16:57

Quote:
i am not asking others to do my homeeork

<->

Originally Posted By: from other thread
can you correct the code and post it here please?

Can you test this code, make it work and repost it here please.

It is not working for me. Can someone fix it and post it here please?
I need it urgently.

Please can you download my level and fix it?

check the code and fix it.

Please can you download my level and fix it and reupload please? (PM)

As a helpful response I could quote Uhrwerk here or JustSid:

Originally Posted By: Justsid
If you need help, we are here to give you pointers in the right direction. We do this in our free time, instead of working on our own projects or doing other things. We don't owe you an answer, and much less owe we work to you.

Besides, I've told you in the other thread the reason (and implied the solution) why the pathfinding script by me does not work for you (a rigorous solution could be to set both models to PASSABLE or set IGNORE_MODELS in the trace_mode that is defined at the beginning of the script).

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/24/13 20:21

Hey after trials and errors i found out that if i set the entity's passable to true the pathfinding works.

I am wondering if the enemy wants to reach the player and i set the player's passable to true then how can the enemies bullets hit the player + the player would be able to pass true walls with it's passable set to on O.o ???
Posted By: rayp

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/25/13 05:34

Quote:
reach the player and i set the player's passable
Not a good idea.

Quote:
Hey after trials and errors i found out that if i set the entity's passable to true the pathfinding works.
Sounds like your col hull is not correct, maybe your model sticks in the ground. Or try with ignore_models like Superku said. Or c_ignore be4 c_trace & c_move.

While reading this posts i agree with Uhrwerk, you have no clue what youre doing there or ?
Posted By: 3run

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/25/13 11:03

Take a look at the header of the pathfinding. There are bunch of c_trace's. Make them ignore models, or ignore flag2 and set that flag for player. Thats all.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/25/13 12:32

yeah adding an entity.group = 1...32; value and using c_ignore(1,2,...,0) before c_trace is an easy way baside FLAG2.

Re: Pathfinding Again - 01/25/13 14:27

Thank you guys i already solved this problem.
Now the problem is that this pathfinding works with 1 bot at a time, you can't use it for several actors at a time.
I opened a new thread please answer it CLICK HERE

Thanks Again
© 2024 lite-C Forums