View animation before game starts

Posted By: Hans

View animation before game starts - 01/02/05 00:29

Even though I'm on GS 6, I downloaded the GS5 demo. It's the one that shows actually only a movie of several kinds of gametypes.

Now I am wondering. Suppose, in the game I am building, I want to start with an animation in-game. So a camera flying from one place to another, cars driving etc. So there is no user interaction. Then the game needs to start.

What's the best way to do this. How do you create that first an animation is played and then that the game starts ?

Hans
Posted By: MMike

Re: View animation before game starts - 01/02/05 00:45

i think you can Build a Extra Wmb project , that contains that scenario.. or the one where you will play when the game starts..

If cars... you can make it with paths , and script.. If you want something more prfesional , you can use what i use.. I do everything in ,MAx, and then export the animation .. then its just play it once. and thats it.
Posted By: GhostDude

Re: View animation before game starts - 01/02/05 14:16

I think a recent edition of AUM covered in-game cutscenes like what you are descibing. That might be a good place to start.

Cutscenes usually just involve some camera work and some AI's doing their own thing. It helps to create a list of things that will happen in your cutscene and then translate that list into code.

ex:
1) Load city level
2) Have camera zoom into city
3) Look at flying cars
4) Load game level + start game
Posted By: Felipe_Luiz

Re: View animation before game starts - 01/27/05 23:04

Quote:

If you want something more prfesional , you can use what i use.. I do everything in ,MAx, and then export the animation .. then its just play it once. and thats it.

How do I export animations with MAX and play them in GS?
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: View animation before game starts - 01/27/05 23:28

Quote:

How do I export animations with MAX and play them in GS?

I think this question (or ones similar) have been asked a lot in recent days. Please do a search on the forum before asking questions to see if they have already been answered before.

In order to export models from 3D Studio MAX (including animations) try using the MAX2MDL exporter. It will also export animations.
© 2024 lite-C Forums