DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using 3DGS

Posted By: gamester

DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using 3DGS - 03/12/05 02:39

Our team built a Vehicle physics demo, using the unreal tech demo version. We want to build something that works like this demo, using that A6 Pro engine. I'm looking to find out if the Pro version could simulate our demo with similar results.

For example, we built the track and vehicles in 3D studio max, then imported them to unreal. Applied the physics to the vehicles, and marked the track area to have vertex collision.

My big question is, can streets or tracks be imported and use vertex collision, so vehicles can move on it. Someone pointed out that a track could be imported as terrain? What rules would I have to follow?

Please download my demo, it is interesting to watch. Some times the Camera car will get into a wreck, you will have to reset the demo by pressing "R".

Thanks!
Download the "AI Vehicle Simulator"
http://www.gamester.ws/downloads/AiVehSim.zip

Posted By: Cellulaer

Re: DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using 3DGS - 03/12/05 03:17

Download the 3DGS racing demo:
http://server.conitec.net/down/cardemo.zip

When you own A6 Pro you can use it's scripts and graphics.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using - 03/12/05 03:26

i don't have time to look at the demo at the moment but on the screenshots i see two potential problems.

- i am not sure if a6's physics engine can handle that number of cars with good performance (would have to be tested)
- using this kind of 3dsmax level geometry will be tricky until octrees are supported (with a some effort it should be possible to build something like that in WED though)
Posted By: gamester

Re: DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using - 03/12/05 06:06

Thanks for the reply!
Posted By: William

Re: DL our PhysicDemo, want to replicate it using - 03/12/05 11:07

I currently have 8 vehicles at the same time using the physics engine. Previously, I had troubles with the framerate, but that is fixed now. The speed is fine, and it is very possible to achieve what I can see in that screenshot. Use terrain for your ground and blocks or models for everything else.
© 2024 lite-C Forums