Fullscreen isn't full screen

Posted By: BigBrainz

Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/02/05 00:14

Whenever I test my game at lower resolutions like 640x480 or 800x600 the full-screen image leaves black bars on the right side of the screen and on the top--basically as though it's not centered and placed correctly. I have the same problem on other computers that typically run at higher resolutions. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!
Posted By: Doug

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/02/05 21:36

I'm guessing this is a CRT and that you get the same effect if you set your desktop resolution to 640x480 as well. If so, the only thing you can do is “manual” adjust the screen size and position directly on the monitor (normally using those little button on the front of the monitor).
Posted By: BigBrainz

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/03/05 15:23

You're correct. I guess I was just hoping for some magical solution .

Thanks!
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/05/05 07:27

Well, once you manually set the screen res to fit the screen properly then it will always use that setting. Therefore you only have to fix this one time.
Posted By: BigDaz

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/20/05 11:11

I'm having troubles with fullscreen, not quite like the above but if I run the game the same resolution as my desktop (1024x768) it doesn't do fullscreen quite right you can see the border around the edge. It looks like this:

It's not windowed mode, it is fullscreen but it's wrong. Any ideas how to fix it. I can switch to another resoultion and then switch back but I don't really want to do that.
Posted By: Daedelus

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/20/05 22:45

You're using this?
var video_screen = 1; // Fullscreen
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/21/05 03:02

That's easy, when you hit run take out the text in the parameters bar that says -wnd
Should fix it

Matt Coles
Posted By: BigDaz

Re: Fullscreen isn't full screen - 06/21/05 08:19

Quote:

You're using this?
var video_screen = 1; // Fullscreen

No I'm using the template code which seems to do it slightly different, I assumed it was correct. Anyway that 1 line sorted it nicely. Thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums