Mdl + Hmp physics

Posted By: ChristianEilsoe

Mdl + Hmp physics - 12/07/05 18:21

Checked the manual and searched here, and all I could find was, that a physics object automatically takes account of terrains.

My ball drops right through :-/
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 12/07/05 18:53

If you aren't using 6.31.4, go to the download page and get it.

The latest versions should have that fixed.

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 12/07/05 18:56

nice, will do.

I made it bounce off he hmp ONCE.. then it threw a fit and went through again.
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 12/09/05 02:22

I am not sure if it is an issue with version 6.31.4 but when using HMPs I'd recommend setting PH_ITERATIONS to a value >0 to use the iterative physics solver which is more forgiving to contacts in dense environments. It might also help to set TERRAIN_CHUNK to a larger value.

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 12/09/05 08:56

well it works fine when I use a small terrain, it only freaks out when I use the terrain in it's actual size
Posted By: destruktor

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/08/06 14:08

it fells through my terrain too:(

Code:

function test_physik()
{
ph_setgravity (vector(0,0,-386));
phent_settype ( erstellt, PH_RIGID, PH_POLY );
phent_setmass ( erstellt, 10, PH_POLY);
}

Posted By: fogman

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/12/06 09:29

Whatīs your Version?

6.11, 6.20.2, 6.22, 6.31.4, 6.4...?

Look at WED -> Help -> About WED
Posted By: destruktor

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/13/06 15:15

looking at the profil is every time helpfull too^^
like you see it's 6.31 but i tried 6.4 beta too

mfg destruktor

edit: I'm sorry too
Posted By: fogman

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/13/06 15:42

I didnīt mean you, destruktor, sorry.
I mean ChristianEilsoe.

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/13/06 21:32

Quote:

it fells through my terrain too:(

This could happen if you have a highly tesselated terrain and/or object. A quick solution is to set the object to PH_BOX/PH_SPHERE instead which generates less contacts and avoids contact misses.
Ideally your object should not be larger than 2x2 vertices of your terrain. So if terrain face size is 10x10 then your object should be smaller than 20x20.

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/14/06 01:06

Just discovered one more bug:
if you set the POLYGON flag in WED for a static object (as you should do) then A6.40 may not be able to detect collisions with that object. Workaround until a patch comes out: leave the POLYGON flag off and assign an action to the entity. Then set my.POLYGON=on inside that action.
Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/14/06 01:26

Quote:

Just discovered one more bug:
if you set the POLYGON flag in WED for a static object (as you should do) then A6.40 may not be able to detect collisions with that object. Workaround until a patch comes out: leave the POLYGON flag off and assign an action to the entity. Then set my.POLYGON=on inside that action.

Marco-- do you know if there are special problems concerning the Extra version in 6.40 Beta? I've been trying everything posted here on polycollision/collision in 6.40 but nothing works right.. and I've tried leaving the poly flag off and using an action too.. no collision! Could you check that Extra is working as it should be?

Re: Mdl + Hmp physics - 01/18/06 03:01

Quote:

Marco-- do you know if there are special problems concerning the Extra version in 6.40 Beta? I've been trying everything posted here on polycollision/collision in 6.40 but nothing works right.. and I've tried leaving the poly flag off and using an action too.. no collision! Could you check that Extra is working as it should be?

Well, obviously you won't be able to have Physics in Extra, but c_move etc. work in 6.40 Extra as they should. Make sure you are using the latest A6 templates.
© 2024 lite-C Forums