Can't update A6, Err #51

Posted By: Eagle

Can't update A6, Err #51 - 09/08/06 02:08

Hello,
I have reinstalled my commercial version of A6 from my disk
you guys sent me and downloaded the updates. This is what happened:
update 6.2 = "new file count not equal to files replaced (err #51)
so I tried to install update 6.3 = Can't update icon.pcx make sure the file is closed and not write protected. (err #51)
so then I downloaded the 6.4 update and it installed but when I when to run the game I made it crashes every time. SO! I made a new game to see if I could just get something to run but I had the same problem. It errors out in the load screen and tells me it cannot find all kinds of stuff.

whats the deal?

thanks for any help,

always,
Eagle~
Posted By: jcl

Re: Can't update A6, Err #51 - 09/08/06 08:03

I don't know what mess you're having in your folder meanwhile, but the best way to solve such problems is cleaning up and doing a fresh installation.

First, de-install everything, and physically erase any rests possibly remaining in your Gamestudio folder. Make sure that you have administrator rights on your PC; the above error messages suggest that parts of your Gamestudio folder are write protected or you are otherwise not allowed to modify them.

Then install the 6.31 trial version from our download page, and unlock it with your key disk.

Finally you may install the 6.40 update.
Posted By: Shaque

Re: Can't update A6, Err #51 - 09/09/06 01:54

Can I make a small comment here? I had the same problem and had to do a fresh install. What I did the first install was install it i another location from the default. When I ran the program, it could not find anything either. Seems that it only wants to look in the default location (C:\Program Files\GStudio).

I could be mistaken, but I just thought I would point that out if you try to upgrade, even though the updates ask where it's located. Just thought I would mention it since I eventually worked it out, I'd share.
Posted By: Eagle

Re: Can't update A6, Err #51 - 09/09/06 02:19

ok I'll do that JCL, thanks for the help

thanks to you too Shaque, it's good to know!

always~
© 2024 lite-C Forums