GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp?

Posted By: marxist_reloaded

GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 10/25/06 17:41

Can Conitec (or anyone else) confirm that GameStudio runs OK on an intel Mac running XP under Boot Camp. Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 10/26/06 09:31

The only Macs we have are old ones without Boot Camp. So maybe some user can confirm this?
Posted By: Doug

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 10/27/06 16:08

I can see no reason why it wouldn't run. Boot Camp doesn't emulate Windows, it allows you to boot into Windows. So, as long as your hardware meets the System Requirements it will run.

I'd love to test this however. JCL, do you think we can get one of these for the US office?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 10/27/06 17:02

Hehehe, it'll be christmas soon Doug

Cheers

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/01/06 23:20

I agree, it almost definitely will work on an intel Mac booted into Windows, but until someone has actually made a game, succesfully published it and run the .exe there's always a chance it won't.

I should think it's in Conitec's interest to 100% confirm compatibility as this could be a new user base. (It would help me with my buying decision too ;-)

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/02/06 18:35

Quote:

I should think it's in Conitec's interest to 100% confirm compatibility as this could be a new user base. (It would help me with my buying decision too ;-)

I'd love to, but we can't test every computer configuration under the sun (not even Microsoft has the money to do that ).

3DGameStudio will run on any Windows machine as long as that machine meets our posted specs. If your Apple boots up as a Windows machine, its a Windows machine.

If you send me your Apple computer, I can confirm compatibility. Just make sure to include return postage (or I'll have to keep it ).

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/03/06 05:56

LOL. I'll let you know how it goes.
Posted By: TKN

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/19/06 03:41

I've been using GS 6.31.4 on an Intel iMac since February, with Boot Camp 1.0. It works great. I've been able to publish the game too. No problems at all. In fact, everything I've tried to run in the Windows XP Boot Camp environment has run fine.
Posted By: jcl

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 09:38

Thanks for the info! - It came just in time as I was just about to order one of these for Doug, but I guess now we won't need it anymore .
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 14:30

i got an iMac this month and it works perfect. hab like 2000 frames without anything inside the level xD crazy. anyway, i published successfully, without any problems. just simple installed XP and used the Driver CD which bootcamp creates.
No problems

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 18:07

Quote:

Thanks for the info! - It came just in time as I was just about to order one of these for Doug, but I guess now we won't need it anymore .

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Can I still have a pony?
Posted By: Joey

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 20:53

you guys are cool
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 22:13

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
here also.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 11/20/06 22:56

jcl you better get some mac pro's you never know if they act different D: i tested it on iMac. so ermm, get the mac pro for everyone

Re: GameStudio on the intel Mac using Boot Camp? - 02/23/07 05:16

I finally got my Mac Book Pro and I've been running v6.4 on XP under Boot Camp with no obvious problems. One small issue is that games developed in v6.2 or below crash on startup if dual monitors are enabled. Although this might be an engine or DirectX issue and nothing to do with the Mac.
© 2024 lite-C Forums