Unicode and double byte enabled support

Posted By: Peter Churness

Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 13:02

Hey guys,

I'm talking to a publisher about haviing our Axys Adventures: Truth Seeker game lcalized for foreign markets. I'm filling out their form and came across these questions:

Is the game double-byte enabled?
Does it support Unicode?

Are these engine specific questions I'm assuming? If so, do you have the answer? Does the engine support it? Does C-Script support it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peter
Posted By: jcl

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 15:10

Yes, those are engine specific questions and the answer is no: No double bytes, no Unicode, just plain ASCII.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 15:33

But ASCII only uses 7 bits and I know 3dgs supports fonts with 256 letters (8 bits).

There are different ASCII extensions which also use the eighth bit - which one does 3dgs use? ISO 8859-1?

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 15:49

It's up to you what coding you use. You can even define your own. The engine does not care about the coding.

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 18:02

Ok, which extension does windows use then?
Posted By: Marco_Grubert

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/08/06 20:06

@firo: When you are using bitmapped fonts (the default) you define your own mapping which can be ASCII, ANSI or Klingon- as long as it fits into 8 bits.

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/09/06 08:31

Yeah I know (formulated my initial post wrong), but I want to know which mapping is in Windows.

Let's say I just want to have the layout Windows uses.... I'd prefer to just look it up instead of testing 128 bitcodes...

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/09/06 11:09

Windows doesn't use a particular coding either. It's the Truetype fonts that use codings. With the Windows Utility CHARMAP.EXE you can check the coding of a particular Truetype font.
Posted By: Peter Churness

Re: Unicode and double byte enabled support - 11/09/06 13:02

Thanks JCL for the quick answer!
© 2024 lite-C Forums