Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ?

Posted By: Carloos

Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/27/07 17:02

Hi

I'm just wondering....

If I buy an update of my A6 Extra edition right now ( I need comercial ), will I be granted the right of get the A7 for free when its released ?
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/27/07 21:16

Yes! (now i'm right )

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 00:39

Kooooooooooooool !

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 12:23

Posted By: Blink

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 15:11

when did this happen, i just upgraded to commecial a couple of months ago. will i get A7 free as well?
Posted By: Excessus

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 15:16

January 29

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 17:45

was in the news...

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 02/28/07 22:56

does anyone have an idea what the prices are going to be? looks like i will have to purchase commercial again.
Posted By: Jay_Watergate

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/01/07 01:51

Or you could just stick with A6... Im not sure of the exact feature list for A7, and I doubt its even out yet, but what exactly is so good about it that is making nearly everyone respend their 200+ dollars? It seems like A6 has everything you would ever need to make almost every game... maybe not the fastest or most efficient one, but its pretty close. Anyways, this will probably spark a frenzy, but I would like to know...

Regards,
Jay Watergate

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/01/07 02:29

honestly, for me, its the rpg/adventure template, and the multiplayer templates. i am an excellent level designer and an awesome model skinner, but scripting is my weak skill. i am still learning, but because of time contraints, a template would be easier for me.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/01/07 06:42

Quote:

Or you could just stick with A6... Im not sure of the exact feature list for A7, and I doubt its even out yet, but what exactly is so good about it that is making nearly everyone respend their 200+ dollars?

New rendering kernel that is much faster(this is probably the most important enhancement), overhauled editors(and maybe integration) and new editors(realtime level editing, shaders editor), more powerful and flexible scripting language, enhancements to existing features(2D, shadows, MP, decals, models, etc), new light management system, model improvements, ABT scene management(concave blocks are allowed and worlds are mesh based), distribution manager(see forecast), more bugs squashed, more robust templates(if you use them then this is important), progress(if you want to remain static then don't upgrade..if you want to get with the times and get access to all the new features and those in future versions then upgrade; otherwise get left behind), and much more.

Some of this may make it into a late edition of A6, but those are more than enough to upgrade. In fact, I'll probably go Pro(no probably, I will) after it gets released and my title will be an A7 release. See Forecast page for descriptions of most of these features.
Posted By: Doug

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/01/07 21:15

While we (Conitec) would love everybody to upgrade to A7 (and buy copies for their friends too ), we are not going to force anybody to do it.

If A6 does everything you want, use it. We still have A5 users around (mostly because it runs well on very old hardware).

Also, don't buy A7 until it does want you want (never base your purchase on the "forecast" page). If your current project doesn't need the faster rendering kernel or Lite-C, you might not need to upgrade (at least not right away).

It's Conitec's job to make a new product that makes you want to update.
Posted By: not_me

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/01/07 23:42

what if you already have a6 comm, and you got it pretty recently. can you still get upgrade free? because i dont think id have the money for a7 comm. not unless im on crack.

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/02/07 00:05

Quote:

not unless im on crack.

What ???

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/02/07 00:08

I think the last progress made with A6 were nice, and, being so, I think A7 deserves a try at least for the ones that can do it, by now.

Is also good to see that A6 users also are geting updates with good enhancements on theyr product.
Posted By: Jay_Watergate

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/02/07 03:14

@Orange Brat: Fair enough, I personally dont need any of that (speaking from a hobbiests point of view), but the features certinally make their own case.

Quote:

Some of this may make it into a late edition of A6...

Sorry to start a question in a question, but will upgrades to A6 be finished once A7 is released, or will there still be update support, in one form or another, for A6 after A7 is out? Or have you even planned that far ahead?

A7 sounds nice, and from what I have read, has a lot of features to keep it competitive, so the best to anyone who gets their hands on it .

Regards,
Jay Watergate
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/02/07 09:56

Quote:

Sorry to start a question in a question, but will upgrades to A6 be finished once A7 is released

I would assume "feature" updates would no longer occur, however I *think* A5 5.52 came out after A6 first appeared. It was 5.51 for a long time, and then a final "bug" update was released. I might be off on the timing, but I think it was early A6 days.
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/10/07 17:28

Two little Questions to be sure:
I have A6 Extra Edition from SYBEX (!) and I want to upgrade to Commercial.
1: Will I get a username and password with the upgrade?
2: Will I get a free A7 Update with this type of Upgrade (I think this would need a Username and password for downloading the upgrade later)?

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/11/07 21:07

wenn du überhaupt von Sybex upgraden kannst (was ich nicht glaube) kriegst du einen Usernamen+Paßwort und die versprochene A7 Version

Omega
Posted By: jcl

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/12/07 10:09

Alle Upgrades, die Sie bei uns bestellen, beinhalten Usernamen und passwort und sind auch fuer A7 gueltig.

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/12/07 13:42

@ jcl:
Wie ist es denn mit Sybex Versionen?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/12/07 14:24

Die Sybex Versionen sind von selbst nicht A7-faehig. Erst wenn Sie Ihre Sysbex-Version bei uns upgraden, etwa von Sybex Extra auf A6 Commercial, ist A7 inbegriffen.

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/12/07 14:31

Ahhh, dankesehr!
Ich dachte immer ich könnte meine (mittlerweile alte) Sybex A6 Version gar nicht upgraden

Danke
Omega
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: Update to comm Now - Get A7 Free ? - 03/12/07 15:06

Sehr gut, dann werde ich wohl ein Upgrade bestellen. Vielen dank für die Antworten!
© 2024 lite-C Forums