to buy or not to buy at this moment

Posted By: harleyb12

to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/02/07 23:52

hey i finally got the money and i was wondering should i buy this now or wait for A7? when you say we get a free update from 1 to other do you mean we get another disk or just a download? id rather have a disk A7. also if it was a download would it be a 1 time download(im planing on getting a new computer) or could we download it again and again? how long would i be waiting for A7 if i decide to? PS i know you probly cant tell that much information about releice but can you just give me a astement?

THX in advance
Harley age 13 WOOT
Posted By: FBL

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/03/07 00:12

If you buy now you'll get A7 for free. See one of the other 5 threads around here for more details.

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/03/07 04:34

do i get i free disk version of A7 or a free download?

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/03/07 05:01

ooh i forgot to ask is A7 going to have directX 10 capabilitese? (im getting a new computer soon)
Posted By: George

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/05/07 07:43

I hope it won't; otherwise, the games created with it will only run on Vista.
Posted By: jcl

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/05/07 07:46

Don't worry - A7 will certainly use DX9, not DX10. However, maybe we'll provide a separate A7-DX10 version that is limited to Vista.
Posted By: George

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/05/07 07:55

One more thing: you'll need a shader model 4.0 video card as well.

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/05/07 22:03

no wories on video card im getting nividia geforce 8800 GTS. and jcl you didnt awnser my question would we get a disk ver of A7 if we buy A6 now or just a download and if it is a download will it be a one time thing?
Posted By: D3D

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/06/07 15:05

Quote:

Don't worry - A7 will certainly use DX9, not DX10. However, maybe we'll provide a separate A7-DX10 version that is limited to Vista.

This is very good news
Posted By: jcl

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/07/07 07:37

Quote:

no wories on video card im getting nividia geforce 8800 GTS. and jcl you didnt awnser my question would we get a disk ver of A7 if we buy A6 now or just a download and if it is a download will it be a one time thing?

It's a download. You can download A7 as often as you want.

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/07/07 23:18

thats great news i think ill order a6 tonite then. just one more question. will a7 run slower as a download then a disk?
Posted By: D3D

Re: to buy or not to buy at this moment - 03/08/07 00:07

The only difference between the downloadable and cd version is that when you bought the cd version, the software is delivered on compact disc. With download they mean you must download the software from Conitec website with your username and password.

Oh and the A7 engine will not run slower or faster
© 2024 lite-C Forums