Graphic Card performance

Posted By: delinkx

Graphic Card performance - 08/13/09 05:47

I would like to confirm this before i actually purchase a new graphics card.

I currently using the GeForce 8600 GTS and for viewing 1000 entities (random human motion) at one time on screen, i get an FPS of 20fps.

I am planning to upgrade to the GeForce GTX295 as i want to render more entities. Will this upgrade improve my FPS performance ? Is Gamestudio compatible with the GTX295 card ?

Thnx
Posted By: jcl

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/13/09 06:57

Yes, the GTX295 is compatible and will improve your FPS, although I can't say how much.
Posted By: Foxfire

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/13/09 07:17

make sure you get a better cpu to manage the cpu preperation of the entities. The GTX295 is about 8 times faster than your current card.
Posted By: MPQ

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/13/09 08:32

Is 3DGS really able to render on two GPUs?
Posted By: delinkx

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/13/09 10:02

i got a core 2 duo processor.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/14/09 17:35

Originally Posted By: MPQ
Is 3DGS really able to render on two GPUs?

of course it does, every dx program does. thats a driver->dx issue, has nothing to do with the engine.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/16/09 04:11

I just found GS also utilize ATI CrossFire. laugh

And I found GS is more CPU bound, but it seems GS didn't utilize multi-core CPU very well.
Posted By: MPQ

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/16/09 08:40

@frederick_lim

I think you won´t have any problems to run GS on your pc, very nice hardware laugh
Posted By: Slin

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/16/09 22:44

Several graphicscards per sli or crossfire are completely managed by the driver,as far as I know. DirectX or OpenGL are implemented by the drivers and do just offer function to say what to render. It is different with several CPUs. The programmer has to tell the programme where to execute which function on his own. And has to take care of all the difficulties. As far as I know A7 isn't designed to use several CPUs and thus they won't speed things up. But you can use more than one CPU with Lite-C if you want. That way you could for example speed up a complex AI or an external physicsengine could benefit from it.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Graphic Card performance - 08/18/09 15:22

Originally Posted By: Foxfire
make sure you get a better cpu to manage the cpu preperation of the entities. The GTX295 is about 8 times faster than your current card.

Don't expect an increase of 8 times though as that's highly unlikely.
© 2024 lite-C Forums