updated to 7.80

Posted By: sadsack

updated to 7.80 - 10/13/09 21:52

I still have the old version number.
yes I did read this did evry think it said to do.

Q. I keep getting the old version number even after installing an update.
A. You need to have administrative rights in a Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7 system for installing or updating a program. During the installation process no part of Gamestudio - like WED or SED - must be running or opened. Write protection of your whole Gamestudio folder or any files inside must be set to 'Not Write Protected'. Make sure this way that all files are closed and accessible, and update again. As a last resort, de-install your previous Gamestudio version before installing the new one - this however is normally not required.

Now the old GS did not have GED in it but now I do have it.

Am I updated or not?
renny
Posted By: jcl

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 08:35

You are not updated. Probably your files could not be overwritten. Copying new files worked, that's why you have GED.

If you installed the original version with administrator rights, you also need to install the update "as administrator".
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 11:03

and if you gotta fall back to an un-install .....
REMEMBER TO COPY YOUR KEY OUT FIRST!
It saves a whole lotta hassle, I learned that the hard way...

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 13:57

Well i tryed every thing I know of to get GS updated. But I am still at 7.2.1.
I uninstalled the GS then delete the folder turned of the computer.there should not be anything left of A7 on the computer. Then I installed the 7.80. When I open GS and went to about I still had 7.2.1. MED still had 6.0.9. WED had V6.93.
I am not sure what administrator rights are, I have updated more than one time and had no problems. I am the only one that use this computer. So what can I say, I hope some one can help.
Thank you
renny

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 15:10

If your 7.21 version was still there after you deleted it, maybe you deleted the wrong folder?
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 15:14

@Sadsack: So if you have A7 Commercial, how did you got A7.21? It's just available with Pro!

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 15:36

I only have one GS folder, in my c program files.

7.21.0 is the one I have in there now I miss typed it befor.

So I take it that I will not be able to update.

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/14/09 19:30

administrator rights, I not sure what that is. I went to administrator and looked at every thing in it and did not see any thing about not being to install
programs. I have never had this problem befor. when I install GS I comes up with my name on it and I had all the files delete. how did it know my name and pass word? Even when I uninstall it and remove the folder, there still something there telling it to put my name on it.
renny

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/15/09 09:08

Your user name, as well as the version number is only stored in the Gamestudio folder. Gamestudio does not store user info or version info elsewhere on your PC.

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/15/09 17:24

jcl, well I took the registered file out of the folder and put it on the desktop. then I deleted the folder. It was still reading that file, so I put it on a disk and deleted it off the desktop. then when I uninstalled GS and deleted
the GS folder it loaded in a unregistered, but still not 7.80. But when I compile code the small box that come up, it as 7.80 on that. I send you a photo of what I am talking about. I updated my laptop and I have the same thing on that. Be for I updated it I had version 7.7.7.4 on it, after I updated it with 7.80 I had version 7.21.0. Something is not right, What I don't know, but I need to fix it.
Posted By: paracharlie

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/15/09 17:30

Right click on executable. Right click menu will pop up and you select "Run as administrator". Thats it sadsack, no harder then that. There is also an option in vista where you can select to always run as administrator. I did it long time ago but I googled it and I dont remember where it is or where to find it.

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/15/09 18:47

Hi paracharlie,
Well that helped, I try it and it said that the file was bad. So I deleted every thing and redownloading it now. But thank you that will come in handy to know about the " run as administrator". I will let you know what happens.
renny

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/15/09 21:06

Ok,
I took every thing that has a GS connation of the computer.
Then I redownload the update.
than as paracharlie said to do I installed it using right click
install as administrator.

This is what happen:

So I try to install it the way I all have befor.
It install ok

I still don't see the update:

But I see when I compile my code I get this:

So where do I go next???
renny
Posted By: Superku

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/16/09 01:32

I don't know anything about the error that tickles you but 7.21.0 is the most new SED (!) version that I know.
If you run/ compile your script the updated/ your current engine gets used (7.80.1). Everything is fine. Always open WED -> About WED to know which update you are using.

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/16/09 14:54

Thanks H.F. Pohl I have 7.80 on WED. It is nice to know someone out there know something. I have had three day of He... over this. Thank you again
renny

Re: updated to 7.80 - 10/16/09 15:29

Hello,
I want to thank everyone for all there help. I hope this will help someone else, so they don't have to have three days on unhappyness, like me. It looks like I have been updated the hold time and being dumb about it did not know it.
Thank you all
renny

© 2024 lite-C Forums