Starter Window Definition

Posted By: Germanunkol

Starter Window Definition - 06/24/10 15:49

Hi!

Publishing with only the "starter" option checked does not create the .wdf file in SED. It only works in WED.

Why? And if this is a known bug, could you please remove the starter checkbox in the SED publishing dialog?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Starter Window Definition - 06/24/10 16:05

For creating a starter file, just publish a file containing a WINDOW definition - see manual.

A common mistake is publishing the wrong file. The WINDOW definition must be in the WDL file, not in the C file.

WED knows all files belonging to your level, so it does not matter how you publish - all C and WDL files are included. But in SED you only get a .wdf file when you publish it.
Posted By: Ottawa

Re: Starter Window Definition - 06/24/10 23:11

Hi!

It works. Thanks wink

Ottawa
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Starter Window Definition - 06/25/10 14:12

Publishing the .wdl works indeed, so that was the problem.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I think the reason why the mistake is common is that, I believe, the manual's unclear on that:
"WINDOW definitions must be contained in a .wdl file with the same name as the script file (f.i. "main.wdl" when the script name is "main.c").
The window definition will only become valid after publishing. Starter must be checked in the Publish dialog. This will generate a Windows Definition File (acknex.wdf) that is then interpreted by the engine at startup before the script is read. The .wdf file contains all keywords and images needed for the start and exit windows. "
This sounds like the .wdl file will automatically be used to create the .wdf file when the .c file is published.
The "Publish" section of the manual doesn't explicitely say that you have to publish the .wdl, either.
Am I missing something? If not, could you clarify this point in the manual?
Thanks...
© 2024 lite-C Forums