Compact Framework Support?

Posted By: NeutronBlue

Compact Framework Support? - 12/30/10 20:37

Is there *any* hope of getting a 3DGS version running on Compact Framework, or mobile devices?
Software rendering is perfectly fine.
I would love to take the mobile code published by the company I work for (written by me) and add a simple 2D scroll/pan floorplan with clickable objects.
Not to mention the mobile app market is exploding with growth right now.
I'm interested in running on the WinMobile platform.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/30/10 22:03

I tried this about a year ago via the C# wrapper. I think if you have enough knowledge to convert parts of the wrapper from the standard framework to the compact one, you should be able to get it running on a mobile device I think.

I'm just guessing though laugh
Posted By: Quad

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/30/10 22:53

You still need the acknex.dll which will not work in ARM 6-7-8-9-11 processors that windows phones use.
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/30/10 23:06

Quadraxas, do you have to kill all the hope grin

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/31/10 00:14

no there is still hope, i think porting the engine to windows mobile wouldnot be too hard for jcl.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/31/10 00:17

probably porting lite-c would be a bit harder though. it would need an arm backend.

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 12/31/10 00:21

the is still c-script as your saviour.
Posted By: NeutronBlue

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 01/03/11 20:19

Originally Posted By: ventilator
probably porting lite-c would be a bit harder though. it would need an arm backend.

I agree.
It would probably have to be compiled to MSIL as the final "code".
Then at run-time, the JIT compiler (on device) would produce the correct native machine code targeting that device.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Compact Framework Support? - 01/04/11 08:08

To answer the original question: A Gamestudio version for mobile devices is planned, but won't be based on Compact Framework. The Windows version doesn't use NET Framework either.
© 2024 lite-C Forums