Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer

Posted By: Vonman

Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer - 08/19/11 12:41

Right now, i'm testing out the functions of multiplayer and of the engine itself. I am planning on making a paintball shooting sim, but I HAVE to know that the 3DGS is gonna be enough or if I have to go to Unreal 3.
If it's enough, i'll do the main programming in my current version (A6) and probably upgrade to A8 (or A9 if it were to come first).

Anyway,
How is it possible to do a ent_bonerotate in an MP game? When I try it, the only player that can see the movements is the host.

I have the bone rotation done on the client, stored into a skill, then sent to the global entity (works for everything BUT this it seems)

When searching the 3dgs manual, in the remarks of ent_animate, it said that animation done with anm_add or any direct bones manipulation is NOT sent in MP.

I gotta be honest this really frustrates me because I can't help but feel like it CAN be sent but not only is it not, it seems as if it's actually blocked!

I want to be able to do a run animation AND be able to have the shooter model aim up or down precisely with the mouse. My way of doing this is by rotating a bone in the torso of the model according to the tilt of the camera. ex: Camera.tilt = 14 then the player model will point the gun at 14 degrees up.

Steven,
A6 pro
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer - 08/19/11 12:44

I don't know if this happens in A6, but in A8 I use ent_bonerotate for my multiplayer 3rd person shooter "Assault!" and it works right
Posted By: Vonman

Re: Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer - 08/19/11 14:02

Hmm, Are you sure that the other players see your bone_rotations? Because in my case, the client can see his OWN rotations, and so can the host, but the other players cannot, they only see the gun aimed straight.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer - 08/19/11 16:23

yes, I always test my game running different windows of server and clients to check everything is okay
Posted By: jcl

Re: Ent_bonerotate in Multiplayer - 08/22/11 09:18

ent_bonerotate is an animation function, and thus unrelated to multiplayer or single player. In a multiplayer game, you don't animate on the server. Only movement and behavior - such as, at which position to aim - is controlled by the server, but not visual things like animation. This happens on the clients.

An introduction in multiplayer games can be found in workshop 25.
© 2024 lite-C Forums