free version dll with c++

Posted By: metal

free version dll with c++ - 12/27/13 18:08

hi,

can the a8 free version be used as dll with c++ projects or is it only possible with a8 exra and above?...seems to work, but im not sure if this now is the 30day demo and will stop working in a few weeks (i have installed it as free version)
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/27/13 20:08

Normally the free doesnt support this, but I think its really annoying to buy another version just to use plugins <_<
You can load them directly with LoadLibrary and use the functions with GetProcAddress. Have fun!
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/27/13 20:18

Other way around. He wants to use the engine as dll in his own program.
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/27/13 21:29

Oh sorry misread this smirk
I didnt test this at all, hope someone else could help you here.
If not just wait 30 days and your gonna see.
The next thing is to post us your acklog (start with -diag) and we can tell you if its 30 days trial or free version laugh
Posted By: FBL

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/28/13 13:57

What you want to use is referred to as "Engine SDK". It is not included in the free edition.
If you have a time limit running you most likely have a trial version installed (which includes more features than the free version offers).
Posted By: rojart

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/28/13 17:49

@metal, check the Features link, especially (* Full Plugin SDK licenses (without Open Source requirement) are available at the online shop.).
Posted By: Feindbild

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/28/13 19:17

Again, that's not what OP was looking for...
Posted By: rojart

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/28/13 19:24

Don't understand me wrong but you're METAL, let's wait for his response, okay?
Posted By: metal

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/29/13 13:42

thanks all for the help.
yes i wanted to use the engine as dll in a c++ program.
i got confused a little bit, because it seems that if you install the free version and use its dll in c++, its the "30-day-demo-dll"..i thought it would either be possible to use the dll for unlimited time(but that would be the engine sdk, just as firoball said) or it cant be used at all, not even for 30 days.
Posted By: jcl

Re: free version dll with c++ - 12/30/13 09:14

Yes, the free version can be used as a DLL. You only need to publish it then as an open source project, so you have to include your C++ source when publishing it.
© 2024 lite-C Forums