Forecast related questions

Posted By: sivan

Forecast related questions - 02/13/14 11:11

hi,

I see a couple of features stuck in development in the Forecast page, and I'm simply interested in some approximate deadlines, development priorities, if any. or user quantity dropped so much that it does not woth to keep development on high priority beside/over Zorro?

× Creating dynamic link libraries 80% - is it totally stopped? (no change for more than a year) it would be a really great feature and would maybe boost user quantity if some useful lite-c dll-s would be available for a little money from other users or the developers, and their open source version for more money...
× PSSM for transparent objects 90% - probably it cannot be a huge work to have correct self shadows on any alpha/overlay textured entity.
× New WED based on the engine dll 75% - long time no news, no killer screenshots, no anything.
× tree/vegetation generator 50% - seems to be dead. if I were you I would not miss it from new WED
× Static shadows generated from models 100% - only together with new WED?
× Realtime generated static shadows on terrain 100% - only together with new WED?

moreover in the manual a code highlight could look great by using http://highlightjs.org/ or something similar tool.

thanks.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Forecast related questions - 02/13/14 23:19

+1
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Forecast related questions - 02/15/14 19:10

+1

Also i know that android plugin is separate product, but where we can follow its development? How much so far is done 20%, 50%, 80%?
Please keep us more informed, i think this is not the best way to get new customers and keep engine alive. Simply some of this informations we need to know how to plan the development of our project in the future.

Thanks!
Posted By: Superku

Re: Forecast related questions - 02/16/14 00:58

I'd really hate to see this engine die, yet some certainty would be nice though.
I still think this engine is quite capable and can sell a bunch, maybe as A9 with optional Android support but a reduced price of the professional version (like 500$), with the new WED and a few other nice features, a new homepage based on the new WED and a new logo (EDIT: This one is not bad but this one kills me).
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: Forecast related questions - 02/16/14 09:41

+1

The logos over here are pretty good (EDIT: first 3DGS website?).
Posted By: jcl

Re: Forecast related questions - 02/18/14 15:19

The development of all features listed on the forecast page with a percentage is ongoing. Only exception is the tree/vegetation generator, which was put on hold.

The current forecast page is not totally up to date - it will be updated in the next time.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Forecast related questions - 03/01/14 08:42

Could we get a new update?
The latest one is more than 2.5 month old.
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: miez

Re: Forecast related questions - 03/01/14 10:28

I doubt that there would be much to see\read in an update.
Even after an additional two and a half months.
How it is now is as good as it gets.
Thats just plain and simple the factual reality of an almost dead engine.
And before everyone wants to damn me again, think of the fact, that the last real Update was from September 2012, its now March 2014.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Forecast related questions - 03/01/14 16:26

we still believe grin
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: Forecast related questions - 03/02/14 22:20

Forecast page is finally updated. Looks like all things for next beta relase is finished only new WED still stands at 75%. I looking forward for the new beta relase smile.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Forecast related questions - 12/02/14 08:37

From the Forecast page: Last updated: 1-Mar-2014
I would be happy with a new update.
Please mr jcl...
Posted By: jcl

Re: Forecast related questions - 12/04/14 08:42

I would like to make you happy, but without lying I can't update much in the forecast page at this point.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Forecast related questions - 12/04/14 12:28

© 2024 lite-C Forums