Level of Detail

Posted By: East_Coast_Games

Level of Detail - 08/16/06 10:48

Quick question. What is the perfered tool for doing LOD work on Gamestudio Model. We use studiomax. What other tools are folks using. Any easy tools, or gamestudio plugins?

Jim
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Level of Detail - 08/16/06 15:14

What is studiomax, which Gamestudio version do you have, which east_coast do you mean? Alot of questions come to my mind, when I read your post.

Besides that you could be able to create LOD with the latest version of MED that will come with the version 6.5 of Gamestudio.

Re: Level of Detail - 08/17/06 01:16

To answer your questions. The Tool is 3d Studio Max. We are East Coast Games at www.ecgames.com. We are using the Team Pro version of game studio, current release.

I was wondering if anyone is using a tool that will LOD a model in the .mld formate. Having to continuely convert from .3ds to .mld when doing this work is a pain.

Jim
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Level of Detail - 08/17/06 07:51

It is called mdl and this is supported in MED of course. So the only question is if you like the LOD system of MED or not. May be your modelling app creates better ones. That is simply your decision. The workflow will be more easy when you only once export to MED and then create LOD in MED.

Re: Level of Detail - 08/17/06 09:56

oop ment to say .mdl. That will be great when version 6.5 becomes generally available. In the mean time any other tools folks are using?

Re: Level of Detail - 08/23/06 00:11

Has anyone tried the beta version of the LOD editor in the new MED.
© 2024 lite-C Forums