Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max

Posted By: manic7creations

Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max - 11/12/06 00:29

Why do I get "No Texture Map" when I try to export a Max file to a MDL File.
Could somebody tell me a way to solve this problem. I'm still a little unfamilar with 3ds Max. So break it down how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Chris Clark
Redlightpacket@wmconnect.com
Posted By: HackerL

Re: Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max - 11/13/06 17:13

Try exproting your model form 3d max to .3DS, and then import in MED, here you go playeble model
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max - 11/14/06 08:30

I would suggest to get familiar with your expensive modelling software. You bought such an expensive tool so you should read the manual!

And don't forget the chapters about uv-mapping and texture maps since this is the only material that will be exported to Gamestudio. Forget all procedural shaders in Max.

But if that is not your software - if you only borrowed it from a friend or do just some testing - then better use a smaller modelling tool as a beginner. Otherwise you get lost with all those functionality and loose your fun.
Posted By: broozar

Re: Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max - 11/14/06 09:47

7th time in a row this week. this should get an entry in the FAQ.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Why "No Texture Map" in 3ds Max - 11/14/06 10:31

Yes. I also wonder that every day another user pops up and can afford 3ds max.

At the same time they often don't want to spend money for plug-ins, models, textures or programmers.

Believe me, when I have 5000 $ left for game producing then I would not buy 3ds max. I would pay programmers and artists to finish a game instead and I still can get Blender for free or buy Lightwave for 500
© 2024 lite-C Forums