Graphics question in med.

Posted By: Aaron

Graphics question in med. - 02/16/07 23:41

Hi I have high poly models I made and also used maya 7 making them when I put them in med it look's like it is in a 16 bit color mode ect like it dosnen't look great it looks as if it was a old game, is that what med should be doing??
iS There any way of using 32 bit color's or any way on making the figure look more realistic and less choppy looking??

Thanks in advance
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Graphics question in med. - 02/17/07 04:05

post a screen if u can...
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: Graphics question in med. - 02/17/07 19:00

Though I don't know what the problem is exactly without any screenshot I think it might be that vertices have become seperated during importing. THis happens when I import models from 3ds. Select everything while in vertice mode and then click the MERGE button. Hope that works.
Posted By: Robotronic

Re: Graphics question in med. - 02/17/07 23:25

I guess, you imported the skin from maya. So you should look at the skin settings in MED:

Edit Menue >> Manage Skins
Klick here on the Skin ("Skin 0" for example), then it should display the format as well as the color depth.
You can also adjust the color depth if you klick on the Skin Settings Button and then on "Texture Format" (all Buttons in the Skin Manager panel).
Make sure, that you import a texture format that is supported by GS, such as .pcx, .bmp or .tga for best quality. DDS is also possible, but doesn´t show up in MED.
Posted By: Aaron

Re: Graphics question in med. - 02/22/07 15:45

thanks ya that was the problem the color depth, that's what I was talking about. good thing lol I thought it was the game engine that could not handel the color's of the high poly models.

Thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums