Problem about exporting from MAX

Posted By: hankiwan

Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/23/07 03:34

I have some question about exporting.
I got model from MAX6.0 and I used max2mdl exporter.
In model editor the model looked correctly. But in level editor it looked strangely. I think the problem is about z-buffer.
In level editor the model A is appeared ahead of another model B where overlaped part, but model B is actually ahead of the model A.
[image]http://novel.hanyang.ac.kr/picture[/image]
If you contact by e-mail with below, I can be detailed with some snapshot.
hankiwan78@bme.hanyang.ac.kr
Posted By: ACKNEX007

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/23/07 17:28

its better if you Explain your problem more detailed.

Thanks..
Posted By: 3DRichard

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/23/07 20:10

i guess you're using .tga skins for your models. try to change the skins format to another(like .pcx or .bmp).
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/24/07 10:58

You should upgrade your old and buggy A6.22 version with the password that you got after purchasing this software.
Posted By: hankiwan

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/25/07 07:11

I got model from MAX6.0 and I used max2mdl exporter. And I use GameStudio Pro 6.60 and 7.04.
And i used .bmp skin in 3D MAX for all models.
In model editor the model looked correctly also in 3D MAX.
But in level editor it looked strangely. Actuslly it looks correctly in 3D View in WED. But it looks strangely when I run.
I think the problem is about z-buffer.
When I run the level with this model, model A (teaching tesk) is appeared ahead of another model B (student desk) where overlaped part, but model B is actually ahead of the model A.
See image below.
[image]http://novel.hanyang.ac.kr/picture[/image]

Thank you for your concern.

Posted By: broozar

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/25/07 12:54

is the whole scene one model? then it may happen that it's not sortet correctly. it should work if you split up the entities into single items (single chairs, desks etc) and arrange them in WED.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Problem about exporting from MAX - 07/26/07 09:25

I think the normals of your faces look into the wrong direction. I see this often in MAX models. Maybe Max does render such faces still without problems but most of the other applications respect the alignment of the normals more accurate and thus render them inwards-out.

But maybe your material in Max is checked as "double sided" then you also will not see this problem visually in Max but will see it in-game since Direct-X does not render them double-sided without any special materials / shaders.
© 2024 lite-C Forums