UV's not transfering in fbx import

Posted By: Tor

UV's not transfering in fbx import - 11/11/07 06:27

Hey guys, has anyone else been having issues with UV sets not transfering in with the model when you import an fbx file into MED?

We're using maya (multiple version) and the 2006.11 fbx exporter plugin (I've made sure it's the correct version.. fbx is not terribly reliable across format iterations). The model imports (so long as you keep a lambert material on the object... otherwise med hangs), and the bone weights transfer fine, but the UV sets don't transfer into MED. As in; no UV's on the object, either in engine or in MED. >_>

So we are doing a work around by importing the object as an obj, saving out the uv set in met, loading in the fbx, and importing the uv set. This makes the exporting process about as painful as humanly possible and my art team wants to murderize me.

I've checked this in all the latest MEDs (A7/LiteC free) and it's still there. Any chance on getting a fix? >_>
Posted By: Helghast

Re: UV's not transfering in fbx import - 11/11/07 12:48

.MDL format doesnt support multiple UV sets.
I;m using maya as well, you CAN have multiple textures applied though.
but youre probably going to have to re-apply them in MED to the correct faces.

good luck and regards,
Posted By: Tor

Re: UV's not transfering in fbx import - 11/14/07 22:20

yea but the UV's don't come in with it even with one texture mapping?

Are we doing something wrong in the export? I think we'ved tried all the options before and no dice. The only thing I really figured out was that the importer wigs out when you don't use a lambert material for the object when you export it in fbx.
© 2024 lite-C Forums