Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template.

Posted By: TheHuntinator

Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template. - 06/13/08 19:10

I'm following the tutorial for creating a game using the A6 shooter template. Whenever I add the 3rd person camera and build and run the level the view is jumping up and down very fast. This also happens if I use the first person camera. I made a simple level and used a character I made in Max and the same thing happens with it as well. Am I missing a step somewhere? Thanx for any help.
Posted By: TheHuntinator

Re: Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template. - 06/14/08 19:41

Anybody?
Posted By: MattyTheG

Re: Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template. - 06/18/08 02:32

It seems like no one wants to give any support for that tutorial, I have posted two separate threads in two separate sections of the forums with no response to either.

I'm not really sure how much help I can be since I am stuck on the tutorial too, but you did do the next part of the tutorial where you set the I think its called FadeDist from 80 to -1 right?

If you get past this let me know, as I am having problems with the second, third, and fourth set of doors not opening properly.
Posted By: SurudoiRyu

Re: Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template. - 06/18/08 07:29

Well for me, i hate to work with templates cause i don't know the script cause someone else wrote it.
I like to script it for myself so i know what im doing and where im doing it.
I think more people think about it that way so there is little help on the templates.

What you could do (if you have a bit scripting experience) open the camera script (where the camera is defined) and post it here so people can see how the script works.
It is a lot easier to tell what is wrong with it and what you have to do to make it work better.

Greetzzz,
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: Camera problems using A6 Shooter Template. - 06/27/08 16:23

Does the same thing happen if you use one of the models that come with GameStudio?
© 2024 lite-C Forums