3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,error

Posted By: Enduriel

3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,error - 08/20/08 15:04

I've posted this in ask conitec before, but I thought maybe some users might be able to answer/help me with this aswell so I post it here aswell

I've been testing the cloth modifier in 3ds max and created this for only testing animation purposes:

Youtube link to movie

Now my problem is, whenever I import the fbx (that I exported from 3dsmax 9) only the pole is animated and the cloth doesn't have it's animation. After the cloth simulation in max, I did press "Set keys" to set the keyframes in the timebar for every frame so it's not a simulation anymore but an animation, so basicly it's a 350 frames animation with every frame keyed.

But the animation doens't work.

Here is the 3ds max 9 file, also FBX files of 200608 and 2005:
Files

The purpose of this is to add a cape/cloak to a Holy Knight and use simulation to animate his cloth when doing the walk/run/fight animations. If anyone can make this work/help me out in some way, I would appreciate it alot.
Posted By: Volund

Re: 3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,error - 08/23/08 02:38

Are you using biped and bones in the same model (biped body, bones cape). If so A7 doesnt support this [having both] as far as I know. Instead try "making wings" and connect them to the spine which would be the capes base.
If that isn't the problem let me know since I also have max 9.

Re: 3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,e - 08/23/08 10:07

Thanks for your answer, but I've allready fixed the problem by exporting the scene as ASCII and importing it in med :),

and the cloth is neither of those you said, it's a cloth modifier simulation which I then set the keyframes on the timebar of the simulation.
Posted By: Volund

Re: 3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,e - 08/23/08 20:19

ohhh..... I havent played much with the cloth modifier, sounds like something to look into if the engine supports it. Did you have any issues with the render in the engine?

Re: 3dsmax to fbx to med, animation done with cloth simulation,e - 08/28/08 13:13

Nope no issues, since when you export it as 3dsmax ascii scene export it converts it to point animation or vertex animation.
© 2024 lite-C Forums