GED, smoothing and editing terrains

Posted By: Walori

GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/13/10 15:38

So got around a computer that can actually run WED and GED and started to ccreate a terrain. But when I tried to place the terrain next to other I encountered a thing that ruined, I couldn't get terrains' edge vertices to the same height. I couldn't smooth terrains at once so it didn't help and when I tried to smooth vertices individually... well quess you can figure how pain it was. When I placed the terrain "inside" one another the result looked too artifical.

So have I not seen something in GED that would allow me to smooth / place the vertices on the edge of two terrains, placed side by side, to the same height? Or is there a way to code this? Or any other helpful tips when designing outdoor levels?
Posted By: Widi

Re: GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/13/10 17:54

Wait a little bit, i make a tool to edit and splice terrains for the summer contest. wink
Posted By: Vinous_Beret

Re: GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/13/10 18:10

Originally Posted By: Widi
Wait a little bit, i make a tool to edit and splice terrains for the summer contest. wink

I were willing to say GOOD NEWS,but "some people may say it's a SPAM!!!!!!"
Posted By: paracharlie

Re: GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/13/10 18:36

If I'm understanding your question correctly you want to put two terrains together smoothly?
Look at aum magazine 84 > plug and play. Its called, "The sewer." It sews the terrains together. Or in something like photoshop you can make a huge terrain and export > splice something like a huge map then sew them back together and your textures and terrain should flow.
Posted By: Widi

Re: GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/13/10 18:50

@Vinous_Beret: Yes, my post is a answer to a question, but your post is only SPAM, notting to say to the theme. What is with you today? This is not the only spam today from you. Please stop with this !!!

Sorry Walori to break your topic.
Posted By: Walori

Re: GED, smoothing and editing terrains - 06/14/10 06:24

thank you for your answers, for now I go on with sewer snippet (thanks for pointing it out!). Hope to see your tool too widi wink

regards
© 2024 lite-C Forums