WED : warning and bugs

Posted By: ratchet

WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 14:16

I loaded a level and for each duplicated model having same name i have lot of popups warning.
After pressing each time "Enter", i have the level loaded after some 2 or 3 minutes ... frown

Really that one point incredibly annoying when you don't care for anything about all that warnings AND JUST WANT THE LEVEL TO LOAD laugh

Could WED avoid to put that warnings ??? really and just summarize them in some tool or special panel inside WED ??

---------

I made a new level and choose FlyyThrought default script.
WED could not find SED ??? there is only one 3DGS installed !
What is the problem now ? re install i need only solution !

----------

Another, i just clicked on project manager like that to see what it proposes , and another crash ??

--------

Will one day WED avoid to crash so easyly ? when it don't find something ? It would need indeed to be re programmed upside down.
I hope the new WED to be a REAL re write ? if only based on old coding, i don't think we will gain something and avoid bugs ?
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 14:37

what are you doing?
i never had one of those messages

also can you post the path of the folder your project is in and gamestudio is installed to?
Posted By: ratchet

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 20:10

Yes i don't use 3DGS "work" directory laugh
I know, i just hope one day 3DGS to allow creating projects anywhere ?
WED should be more robust one day i hope also ?
Posted By: Superku

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 20:35

AFAIK WED/ Gamestudio never supported directories that contain spaces.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 21:49

I never used the work folder, never had problems. I also used spaces and umlauts in the path names.
Just saying.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/20/13 22:46

can prove JustSids experience
Posted By: jcl

Re: WED : warning and bugs - 01/21/13 10:35

Double names are errors. You should not ignore them. Sure, the map loads, but objects can be referenced by their name and thus should not have duplicate names.

WED has no problem with spaces in the path and does not care where your folder is. Thus your problems have a different reason.

© 2024 lite-C Forums