Loading level entities that contain models

Posted By: xbox

Loading level entities that contain models - 04/28/13 18:31

I am trying to load several level entities that are mainly WED blocks but also contain several models.

When I add the entities in WED, I can see that it loads both the blocks and the models. So far so good.

After building the map and running it, The blocks from the entities are there but the models are not. I'm not sure why.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Ascalon

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/28/13 20:15

i guess you have your models in an different order, maybe models, or ?
you have to contain the pathname in your mainscript, like so:
#define PRAGMA_PATH "models";
Posted By: Det

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/28/13 22:46

Have you clicked update Enitys ? When no the Model are not in your Level ony the Build Level without Models.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/29/13 01:12

I think you need to set map_subents = 1;

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/29/13 13:33

Alright, I will try the suggestions when i get home. I do not have any scripts right now, didn't know I needed them. That's alright though, I know how to code. laugh
Posted By: Ascalon

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/29/13 13:59

if your models arenīt in an seperat ordner, you dont need a script. but sooner or later you will have to use scripts wink and than you can put all your models, sounds and so on in different orders and declare their places via script

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/29/13 14:24

that's what I thought. All of the models, textures and stuff are all in the same folder so there is no need to add a Path for the directory. I just couldn't understand why you can see the models as part of the map entity in WED before it is run, but when it is rendered, POOF no more models. lol I think the map_subents might do the trick though. Logically it should work. grin

Re: Loading level entities that contain models - 04/29/13 19:38

okay, so I set map_subents = 1 and I'm still not getting anything. All of the models are in the same directory as the levels so that should not be an issue...

I just noticed, that I'm not actually seeing the "models" in WED but just their "bounding box"... why is this?
© 2024 lite-C Forums