Huge Terrain

Posted By: Damarus

Huge Terrain - 06/21/06 15:50

Hi,

has anyone an idea how to make a huge terrain? I searched everywhere but didn't find any tutorial how to make a huge terrain. Thx in advance.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Huge Terrain - 06/21/06 16:26

The most simple way is to use the terrain editor "IceX2" from Oliver2s. There you have everything you need. Otherwise you have to use alot of external tools and good knowledge about clipping / LOD.
Posted By: Aaron

Re: Huge Terrain - 06/21/06 17:09

Hi thier their is a level modeling software called freeworld 3d you can make everything, like also you cna us read pictures for like the roads and grass etc. but it requires windows 2000 and up and at least a 256 mb of ram they recommand a 512mb but 256 is the lowest it goes. The program has a generater inside you just supply real photos or your art to go over the blocks or so called terrain. But I am struggling on using other metheds I downloaded the software but it dosn't work I can load the software but can't load any model or exit the program it gives me an error so I am not sure if the software has a bu or not.But it also cost money to buy the real version the demo version has limitations and you can only make terrains with only their formate. but if you buy the real version they do support proting to .mdl7 and .x alot of other formates.
Posted By: Damarus

Re: Huge Terrain - 06/22/06 01:07

Well first thx all and I have a fast Computer this shouldn't be the problem and I think there is a Stadart Version which is free and the pro which cost I will try the standart version and see how it works thx again all.
© 2024 lite-C Forums