Moon Patrol Remake

Posted By: Shinobi

Moon Patrol Remake - 10/16/06 21:40

Hi , iam working again on a remake , this time its Moon Patrol .

If anyone is interested at the process of this remake , i´ve uploaded a little Video that shows current gameplay , as you can see in the video the enemy saucers dont move mutch and they dont have any AI . I placed them only there for showing them.

Next i will work on Levels and at the enemy AI and movement , so next updates take some time.

P.s. Music by Shaque
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/16/06 22:06

Looks pretty good! Nice car physics too,

Cheers

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/16/06 22:42

Thanks , i have the A6 Pro edition but iam not using Physics here , just magic c_trace
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/19/06 20:24

lol great stuff
i don't know how often i played moonpatrol on the c64 ^^ that game was real fun

btw: maybe you want some more music for your game. check out http://ocremix.org/game/moonpatrol/

'RoadToTycoStation' is quite nice the other two are ... well...quite funny actually

keep up the great work! can't wait to give it a try
Posted By: themgsman

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/19/06 20:28

Very Nice. looks like a good remake of a classic with a 3D twist to it.

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/19/06 20:57

Thanks for the comments .

Thanks for the Link but Shaque made the music for me already , i use some of the original sounds like shooting and jumping (love them).

Currently (if iam working on the project) iam working on the flying enemys AI and the Levels. Next week i hope i have more time for this and can upload a first demo.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/20/06 10:48

Well what else to say ??
You are a great game developer Shinobi and that will always be that way !!
The game looks like real FUN like all of your games, I've played your games in general for about 5 min because I hadn't had the time to fully play your games but I'll give my full C&C when you launced the demo for this new remake game

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/20/06 19:00

Hey frazzle thanks again for your positive comments , but i am sure you mean another of my games , because this one is only a running video . There is no playable version out yet , i hope i can release a playable version next week.

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/20/06 20:31

Quote:

Hey frazzle thanks again for your positive comments , but i am sure you mean another of my games , because this one is only a running video . There is no playable version out yet , i hope i can release a playable version next week.

You really take the words I mean out of my mouth, I edited my earlier post
Btw, I was in school when I posted that reply so I needed to act fast if you know what I mean

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 10/30/06 12:07

Made a Title Render and some new shots of the Game with enemy AI.

Posted By: Blitzblaster1

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/04/06 09:07

Hi Shinobi !

I like your ideas for games and this remake are very cool. I wait for a playable demo. Keep up the cool remake.

Regards
Blitzblaster1

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/05/06 04:06

Thanks Blitzblaster1 ..

I´ve uploaded a new VIDEO , it shows the current game from Point A to Point E , this time you can see the enemys and how they attack .

P.S. it looks again very laggy , but this is a reason of the recording . I spend most time on this game for making it nice and smooth and belive me it is ( at least on my PC ) .
Posted By: Ichiro

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/05/06 06:47

This really makes me happy. I was glad to see the crater-making bomb at the end, too. :)

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/05/06 12:39

It's looking better and better every time Shinobi
Nice update !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/09/06 05:10

Thought long about how to make it easy or hard enough for everyone , because it will take a while to the end of the game + my new path.
So i came to this result , the first levels are easy for everyone and the game becomes harder and harder if your coming closer to the end.
I will add one more feature "$" yes Money . For every enemy you blast away you get money and with this money you can buy a savegame.

I am not sure if i should let the player save everywhere or only on the end Points like "E" "J" "O" "T" "Z" . will test this all later.

Hope you guys like that system.

Cheers...

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/16/06 21:40

Hi everybody good news (maybe bad , who knows ?) , i´ve uploaded my first playable Beta of Moon Patrol . I did some last minute tweaks hope i didnt mate a crap with it.
Its PLayable to Point "O" but still missing some stuff like the warnings if Ufos or Mines appear .

waiting for Bug reports or Comments , thanks !

Moon Patrol Download 8 MB

Controls
----------

Space = Fire
Up = Jump
Left/right = Speed/down or up
CTRL = Screenshot
ESC = Escape (hope you use this after Point "O")

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/17/06 20:23

Hi Shinobi !

Looks really cool. Do you remember on the 80`s "Battle Throught Time" ?
I create this one in a kind of your`s. It`s interessting for you to help me about my game. Look here for example.

Times Battle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/17/06 20:59

Quote:

Hi Shinobi !

Looks really cool. Do you remember on the 80`s "Battle Throught Time" ?
I create this one in a kind of your`s. It`s interessting for you to help me about my game. Look here for example.

Yes i remember , at the end you fight a dinosaur right ? this game is simular to Moon Patrol.
Your version looks really great , of course if i can help i do.

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/17/06 21:05

I fixed some Problems/bugs that was mentioned to me.

1) -1 Life bug is fixed.
2) tires dont roll anymore after finishing special waypoints and get extra score.
3) if you speed up the tires roll faster now.

Current Game Status:

Of course some fixed bugs and now there is a secret High Jump Bonus in the Game , you can get 500 extra score if you get it

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/17/06 21:37

Hi Shinobi !

I wrote your a PM.

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/25/06 21:45

Update Time
Now the full first Course (beginners course) is playable , fixed some little bugs again and the game has some more effects now.

Save game and score board not working , because its not scripted yet. Remember the first course is the beginners course and the second course is the champions course. 4 Lifes should be enough to beat the first course . Please let me know if it was to easy or to hard and of course all comments welcome .
Thanks...

Download Moon Patrol Beta 0.5

Controls Keyboard

Space = Fire
Up key = Jump
Left / right key = Speed up / down
P = Pause Game
CTLR = Screenshot (800x600 jpg)

Controls Gamepad

Button 1 = Fire
Button 2 = Jump
Left / right = Speed up / down

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/26/06 16:19

Hi Shinobi !

Nice to see, that you have an update. The bombs on the floor are strange. Not easy...but....it`s ok.

Regards
Blitzblaster

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/26/06 16:27

Nice update, you're really good in producing 'remake games' Shinobi !!
Saddely I can only rate you a 5 star once

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 11/26/06 18:46

thanks guys

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 08/25/07 21:34

Hi everyone , sorry for the rarely comments , but i was offline for a long time. So i am back to the roots and i am not back with empty hands . Moon Patrol - new path is close to final release . It will be tested by some Beta testers before i can give the Ok to the Puplic .

Course 1 is normal , course 2 is hard and course 3 could be impossible but you earn Money on every enemy you hit also on rocks , with that Money you can buy savegames (what it makes more acceptable to play the game to the end).

The knowen bugs are fixed and all new elements are scripted , like savegame/loadgame and the money/credit system. Course 3 is 70 % finihed and thats the only reaseon why it is close to final release.

some new shots

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 08/26/07 11:39

Indeed, it's been a while Shinobi, welcome back
I've actually asked myself yesterday if Moon Patrol will ever be finsihed and it's like my wish is granted The info and screens look great, can't wait to test it out !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 08/26/07 15:05

No dont give the hopes up the game will be avaible as soon as possible .

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/06/07 15:29

Now Its done !!!!!!!

Everyone can download the Final Version ..
grab it here Moon Patrol - new path ver. 1.0

Have fun and enjoy !! and i really want to know who makes it to the end ... belive it or not , it was hard for me as well .

Comments are welcome !!

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/06/07 18:23

I already did the beta so I can only say it's a great and FUN game with a nice pro thouch !!
The rest is for you guys to discover

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: aztec

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/07/07 06:21

Im trying right now.
An Í´ll post my results later (allready looks very good)

Edit:
Really good work here no bugs or anything else and the game isnt too hard to play. Really cool I enjoyed it

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/07/07 15:18

Thanks , i am glad to hear that no one got bugs so far
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/07/07 16:31

I tryed it and it looks great. Finished project. The only thing I dont like is the lack of detail on the `ship`.

PS.: I got to J I think...I forgot

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/07/07 16:47

lol ok thanks for playing ...

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/21/07 21:07

Some people asked for a new Video of the final release of Moon Patrol , so i´ve uploded one on youtube .

VIDEO
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/24/07 12:47

Very cool game
very nicely done. My favurite part are the explosions... and dust clouds that the rocks turn into. They're very cool for a casual game.
well done!
Micha
Posted By: Nems

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/24/07 14:27

Enjoyed the Vid and loved the graphics.
It looks as though physics or an equivilent is used for the main character wheels, cool effect and adds to realism a lot.
I really like the parrellax scrolling,its pretty tight for this game and the whole feel is almost all the way to the retro gendres we all loved so much

Re: Moon Patrol Remake - 09/24/07 17:29

Thanks for the nice words guys this game took me alot of work and time for a free game. Some guys on Retroremakes have problems with sounds , i checked that in the code and changed something , so i will release a update patch soon.
© 2024 lite-C Forums