Realistic FPS - Download Demo

Posted By: Maloke

Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 13:56

Hello!

I am creating a weapons simulator...the guns works in very realistic ways.
I have a Demo, itīs not a game yet, for now you just have 40 guns to choose from pistols,submachineguns,rifles,sniper,machineguns and 1 frag grenade and can shoot some paper targets, static soldier(just to see the model from outside)and some pins at many different ranges.
In the future it will be a game...but for now is just a test.

You can get it here: Demo-2.5

Tell me what you think about it !!!
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 14:24

screenshots please
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 14:49

i wnat a realistic FPS where you kill one person and then y<oure hunted by the cops. if they shoot you, its over, cuz you usually die when a bullet hits yoru head...
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 14:58

The shooting isn't it to bad really, I see you implanted some elements from call of duty like the weapon aiming in two different modes. The effects of the bulletholes is oke and the fake physics you coded are oke but not more but with the newton engine it would even
look better
The level design is bad, not realistic at all but that's just a test level The weapons are good but need some improvement, the textures are mostly abit blurry.
But it's a nice effort, I would advice you to keep on updating it, no worries because almost all beginning projects look bad in the eye of the designer and the user ^^

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: vartan_s

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 16:19

For some reason the download doesn't seem to work... it says download limit exceeded. Could you please upload it somewhere else? This really interests me, the ideas seem similar to my project.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 18:58

Okay!!

I uploaded on rapidshare now....here is the link: Demo-2.5

I agree the level is very bad... but its better than a gigantic stone cube!!! hehehe! I am still programing...the levels i will create later.

The weapons i have created myself...some the texture is not really good, but most of them i liked... for example the Luger pistol and the M1-Garand, their textures are really good!

And thanks very much for helping me !!!
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 19:03

The movement is too slow for a shootergame.
The bullets fly too slow.

Also update from your 6.22 version to a higher one, as this fixes
some speedproblems.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 19:26

I forgot to include the txt file with the controls, so here it is:

News on 2.5 version:

-A lot of WW2 guns
-Sniper Scope

Controls:

Left Mouse - shoot
Right Mouse - Aim

F - Hold breath (Hold key)
E - Run (Hold e and move)
R - Reload Weapon
T - Change weapons category
G - Change weapons category
Space - Change Fire Mode (Single,Burst and Auto, only when available)
Arrows - Move playerīs head (Hold to look in that direction)
Shift - Crouch/Stand.
Control - Prone/Stand.
V - External Camera (In test)
Q - When in right posicion, shows the target to check hit

F1 - Loads the old test level
F2 - Restart Level
Esc - Quit

Available Weapons:
Press numbers to change weapons between the choosen category. To change category press T or G.

Orverall:

8 Pistols
11 Submachineguns
10 Rifles
5 Machineguns
2 Snipers
4 Carbins
Total 40 weapons plus a Hand Granade!

The objective of this demo is to create a realistic weapons simulator, by using
real balistics and a wide range of modern weapons. All technic information is
provided, and then calculated to create the weapons behavior, all by script. This way,
i cant make a weapons better than the other just because i want, ass we can see in
a lot of commercial games and movies. This informations is get from the weapons manufacturer,
and when not reacheble, from weapons websites. All these calculations will be
upgraded time by time.

This sistem can be used in a multiplayer game in the future...but by now i am only
working on the sistem itself.

Fell free to send you comments ! I really need then!

Demo Version 2.5
Produced by Maloke
Marcelo.contador@poli.usp.br

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 19:39

Quote:

The bullets fly too slow.

In fact, these bullets are going faster than they go in real world....but on the high caliber weapons or rifles you cant see the bullets, they go very fast!

Quote:

The movement is too slow for a shootergame.

Itīs slow because of the mapīs scale...the distances are greater than they appear to be...and if you hold E you can run, but with heavy weapons you get tired very fast...you can count the time you take to get on the 50m target and you will see that the speed is maching of real lifeīs...

But the final ajust i need to do only when i got the level done...its very quick to ajust, just change some variables numbers, but the scale will be the same...

Overall, this game is going to be a Simulator, not a Counter-Strike with bullets on light-speed and people taking 8 shots to get down...
Posted By: EpsiloN

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 20:02

Looks good to me
The only thing I didnt liked was that even when I managed to get control of the weapon with the mouse , I still couldnt hit some of the targets. I thought about that,and it is realistic,but noone likes to miss when he's aiming right between the eyes

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 20:58

I agree with you EpsiloN.... and i think you are talking about the black pins right ?
The pins are a really hard target at 100m, almost impossible !!
With pistols or submachineguns forget it! you need to shoot like crazy to hit something...
With Rifles and the carbines you can hit some if you train a lot.... (my case...imagine how much i shot to fix the weaponsīs sights !!)
And with sniper rifles using the scopes you may be able to hit without getting nervous ! hehe!!

But dont worry...i know and agree,those pins at that distance are not normal targets. They are just a little bigger than a Coke Can....
If you press F1 , it will load another level and the pins are a little closer... and using an Ak-47 at that distance you cant miss it!!!!! No excuses !! hehe!!

Thanks for the observations!!!
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 21:31

hey.. could you convert it to .zip? I can't open 'em in Ubuntu you see.. And I'd like to see this game
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 22:29

Why do you use version 6.22? It is old, slow and upgrade is free (if you are a customer of Conitec).

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 22:48

Inestical ,i can convert it but not right now... i dont have an internet server so i need to upload it to those filehosters.... and they are full now...i take a lot of time to upload them, dont know why this is happening now...last month i could do it anytime!

Frank_G , Conitec offers free update only if you bought it from them....
I really would like to upgrade it, there are some new commands that i need and in my version they are not regonized... too bad for me
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 22:53

Where did you buy it? If you got it from a conitec customer then you can re-license it and you get the password to download upgrades. If you did not get a password from your seller then maybe he sold you a warez version?
Posted By: Towelie

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 22:53

Quote:

Frank_G , Conitec offers free update only if you bought it from them....
I really would like to upgrade it, there are some new commands that i need and in my version they are not regonized... too bad for me

Last time I checked, you had to buy it from Conitec. If you bought it from another user, they should have given you the information on password and stuff to upgrade it...

EDIT: Frank_G said it before me. darn
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 22:59

screens...
Posted By: broozar

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/04/06 23:15

another cry for screens

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 00:14

Okay...here is some screen shots on the old level:

Posted By: DoC

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 11:47

the model look like my old stalker model with new texture ^^... bad bad ^^ (joke) the gameplay feel like operation flashpoint and when you fix some parts for smooth movement it would be a great feeling of fps...
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 19:10

cool, the only thing annoying is slow camera turning speed...i think it should be faster

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 20:35

In another forum, some guys said the opposite...
I need to let the player choose the mouse sensivity... them the problem with the turning speed will be solved for everyone !

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 20:42

yeah, and maybe another solution:
if the mouse is moved for a long time(to choose the walking direction) it should be fast, and if the movement is slow(aiming)it should be gentle

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 20:56

If you hold F , them you are holding breath, and the mouse move slower for aiming...but i need to ajust better the values
But for the better aim you should prone.
Posted By: anonymous_alcoho

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 22:30

Quote:

Total 40 weapons plus a Hand Granade!

Add a Holy Hand Grenade please
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/05/06 23:31

Quote:

i wnat a realistic FPS where you kill one person and then y<oure hunted by the cops. if they shoot you, its over, cuz you usually die when a bullet hits yoru head...

and when the game is over, it deinstalls itself and saves some kind of unremovable cookie so that you cant play it anymore on that PC. Plus, Nickname and any personal data is sent to a root server which is checked on an installation with the PC data so that you cannot install it elsewhere and if the PC has a webcam a snapshot of you is taken as well.

I like that idea.. the best game in the world and only one chance to get into the ultimate highscorelist
Posted By: William

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/06/06 04:49

lol, and add some exploding ketchup packets, cant forget about them.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/06/06 08:53

stupid question...i can't find hand grenade, M1 garand and other weaps...I use T and G to cycle the weapons

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/06/06 20:38

When you press T or G you change de Weapons Category...but itīs shown in portuguese..sorry for that!!

But each number in the keyboard is a different gun on the selected category...
The M1 Garand is inside the "carabina" category...then press number 2 to use it.
The grenade is available in the number 0 in these categories: "carabina"-carbines "metralhadora"-machineguns "Sniper"-well..sniper!

There is 40 weapons in the game... just change the category and press all numbers..then change again and press all numbers...there you will see them all!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/07/06 21:29

sweet, 40 weapons in game!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 11/07/06 22:51

I was creating this game to learn about the 3dgs, and meanwhile learning about 3d modelling...so the result was this simple game with a lot of weapons!! hehehe!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/05/06 18:19

Another update on the game.
Now there is a small menu where you can select the weapons, see their technical informations, configure keyboard and mouse sensitivity.
New model for the playerīs arms...but i still need to ajust their positions with some guns...thats next step
Some targets deforms with the bullets, and itīs proportional to the weaponīs power.
The breath bar is more intuitive now.
Increased playerīs speed.
Some script optimizations and others wich resulted in the new vertion being smaller in size.

The level is still the same, just for tests.... later when i got most basics things done i will concentrate in a good level design...
Also there is other little details...but still need to change some things.
Plese, tell me what you think about this new vertion!!

Get it here: Demo-3.0
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/05/06 19:48

Hey, looking very good, I think. Good job on the coding especially. I like it.
I think it's really hard to aim. Maybe I didn't know about some function you can use, but I can't aim with those guns...
also, I had problems when i walked too close to the walls inside the house. third and last when I chose some weapons that I had chosen before, their position was weird so that you could only see a small part of them on screen. But, all in all, I think you're doing great!! keep it up!!! and keep on posting nice little demos

Micha

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/05/06 22:05

Thanks Germanunkol for testing my game!

I am curious about the problens you said, because here this is not happening...i need to check this!

About aiming, i did not put a crosshair yet, so you only can aim pressing right mouse button. If you hold F them you have more precision on the movement...also if you crouch or prone it gets even better.

About the weapons position i am really worried...i have tested here many times and this doest happens with me...if you have some free time, could you post a screenshot ? this would really help me...

Thanks a lot !!!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 01:31

it is very nice, but you should really get a legal copy of 3dgs, its worth the money
Posted By: Nexus_1944

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 09:30

< Realistic FPS > rofl

bad design
bad texture/models
bad movement

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 12:52

Yes, because that is such a helpful comment. [/sarcasm] (Man do I miss the 3dgs comic...)

Instead of saying stupid crap like that, why don't you say what about the design is bad, or what about the texture/models is bad. Of course, you could also try reading some posts before you go ahead and say that stuff, because you would realize that the graphics are not final, and the realistic comes from the programming of 40 weapons.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 13:03

Quote:

(Man do I miss the 3dgs comic...)

mine?

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 16:10

Thanks Towelie !
Even with people saying craps like this i dont bother...also i am verry happy with the weapons model, because they are the very first models i have ever created all by myself...they are not perfect but are at least better than most of free models out there... also i know i can get better... i started from knowing nothing about 3D, from March this year... so i am very happy with my progress....

Thanks everyone who is helping me pointing the bugs and the positive and negative aspects of my game!!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 17:03

If you knew nothing about 3dgs before then, you can be very happy with your progress, you're right. I probably started when I was younger than you, so I didn't understand much (I was 12 or 13), but still, it took me a lot longer to get that far. Great job! I'll check if I can find the problems again... and maybe post screens

btw I really love your realtime mesh deforming! It could be made a bit more realistic if the mesh didn't deform quite as much, but it's toooonz of fun shooting those barrels
Micha

Edit*: Ok, i've tried it again. I can'T make any of the bugs that happend before happen again. I believe it was just because I had my laptop running all afternoon and it's ... well... it's not all that new^^... so, sorry... works fine now, including the weapons that were in weird locations...:)

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/06/06 21:14

Quote:

Quote:

(Man do I miss the 3dgs comic...)

mine?

Never saw yours, I was talking about Rhuarc's where I stole the "[/sarcasm]" from.

Sorry bout the offtopic...

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/07/06 00:21

ah rhuarcs one, ye, i have saved all strips on my PC, they are just cool. I belive ill never reach that quality

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/07/06 16:11

Thanks Germanunkol for helping!
I changed some thing in the script to make sure it doesnt happens again...i put more wait(1) in some steps...maybe something had happed in wrong order, not sure... but for the next demo i think it would not happens again.

About the mesh deforming, later i will try to make it better...the mesh deforms inwards in direction to the modelīs origin, but I will try to make it go inwards but using the normal direction. I think it would be better! also put some kind of limits to the damage... in this demo you can shoot things until they almost disapear!! and sometimes they do....hehe !! very funny...

Right now i have finished to ajust the position of the new armīs model i am using for the player. Next demo the player will be holding the guns correctly!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/07/06 18:12

No problem... happy to help:)
Uh, I just remembered something.
When you're lying on the ground and you look down, for me the arms and weapon went through the ground plane. You can prevent that using znear
(look up entity.znear in the manual)

Micha

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/09/06 16:21

I know about this problem.... i have already tried to solve this using the znear, but my 3dgs is old (6.22) so it doesnt reconize this command...

I cant update because i dont bought it from Conitec...so i dont have the password.
I dont have the money right now, but soon i will buy the new one from Conitec and them i will be able to solve this and some other problens too.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/09/06 16:30

lol, well i'd suggest you dont work on it anymore until you get a non warez version of it. That way you dont have to worry about legal troubles
Posted By: Bot190

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/09/06 20:22

mybe its not weraz? there was a version 6.22...

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/09/06 21:05

not for pro from what i hear, it was only a commercial patch
Posted By: Bot190

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/10/06 02:05

forgot about that...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/10/06 14:17

Quote:

I cant update because i dont bought it from Conitec...so i dont have the password.

So it is warez indeed, because otherwise you would have a password ... If it's not warez, then double click on your key.exe and open password.txt to get your key and username, however I've got a feeling you're definately using a warez version, but just in case,

Cheers

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/10/06 15:01

Well... this topic is about my project. If you all want to discuss anything else like my 3dgs version, create a new topic for it!!!
What i have to say i have already said, i dont bought it from Conitec so they never will give me a password to upgrade...when i have the full money for it i will buy directly from them, but right now i could only afford a cheaper version.

Now, at least on this topic, can we discuss about my project ?!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 12/10/06 15:06

I have solved the cliping problem when in prone position by limiting the arms movement. It works great, but it will still be cliped if you prone on terrains.

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 02/16/07 17:22

I have made another update... the game is basically the same, but fixed some bugs, better aim for the sniperīs scope, and made it a little easier to hit the targets by reducing the percentage of the pre-recoil (wich is the recoil you fell when the projectile still is in the barrel).

There will be a long time until next update, i am a little buzy right now... studing and working... so i plan to wait for the A7, and hope its affordable, and then i will be able to make big updates. I also have another project, an adventure, but i can only continue that game with A7...need some new commands wich my old A6 cant handle...

Please...tell me what you think about now...but dont forget my objective is to make a simulator.
Tell me what you thing about hitting the targets now.
Also another detail...i have tested my demo in another computer, and the muzzle flash was like a Black square!! this is happening whith anyone else ? it should be very transparent...not black! hehe!

Thanks a lot !
Hope to continue my work soon!

Forgot i little detail... the link for the demo!!!
Demo 3.2

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 02/16/07 18:01

You do not seem to understand my point, since in a way I'm only trying to help. If you have a version that works, then you must also have a file called key.exe. Since you're not working with the trial edition, you must have a key file in your gamestudio directory. Double click on it and it will extract some files into your 3d gamestudio directory. Search for a file called password.txt and there you go, there's all you need to download any A6 updates ...

If you're working with a version that has no key.exe, then it must be a warez, very simple ...

Edit: I've tried your demo, technically it's pretty good, quite realistic indeed. The visuals need some work, it's not looking superb, but it's not bad.

Cheers

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 02/16/07 21:47

Quote:

I've tried your demo, technically it's pretty good, quite realistic indeed. The visuals need some work, it's not looking superb, but it's not bad.

Thanks PHeMoX!
Actually most of my work was on the technical part... glad you liked it!
I dont cared too much on the visuals yet...specially the level design and the player model.
But i dont plan to change the weapons models....they are not very special, but i liked it...maybe replace some skins, but i still have much things to learn...

About my 3dgs is strange...because there is no Key.exe but i remember about this file....but i have installed some translated version to portuguese i found on internet over the original, and it damaged some things.... anyway, i am not worried anymore because i will not be working with 3dgs for some time... and i will need to wait for A7 and for my payment to get back programming !! i think at least the end of the year... so i am not in hurry, got other important things in life, this is just a hobby.

Thanks again !!!

Re: Realistic FPS - Download Demo - 02/16/07 22:37

The weapon models are good enough. By the way, I'm not sure, but I think I've got a (free) AK47 model that's a bit more detailed, if you want it just give me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Did you try to find your password.txt file too?

Cheers
© 2024 lite-C Forums