Executioner Model

Posted By: Gamesaint762

Executioner Model - 01/13/07 02:57

Spent about a 8 hours working on this new character. I have also made a large Axe for him. I guess that he is a Hunchback/Executioner, the design just kinda fell into place as I was tweaking the head and mask. This model and some others are part of a Survival/Horror model pack that I am working on. I have begun the textures and when I have made some progress I will post more shots. Please, any feedback is welcome. GS out.

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 07:38

Ok got the Textures on the Axe... GS out.

Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 07:56

Wow... I really like it!
Only thing I can see: Scale the fingers a bit. The middle finger should be a bit longer than the two next to it, and the little (pinkie?) finger should be the smallest... at least that's what my hand looks like ...
other than that: Very low poly, and it looks great! I really wanna see it skinned
Posted By: Drittz_Dourden

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 14:46

I like the axe model..

is that supposed to be dried blood on the axe or rust? eather way looks neat...keep up the good work
Posted By: fogman

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 15:34

Haha, I must laugh when I see him. Funny guy.
A great, comic - like style. I can imagine how heŽll come out, when heŽs animated.

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 15:39

Never Laugh at the Executioner or WHAM! Off with your head! hahaha! Thanks for the comments guys... Suppose to be like dried blood on the blade... I may add some more redness to it later.. Thanks, GS out.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 15:52

Wahaha I like this one.
I wonder what the polycount is. The number of polys seems to be distributed a bit uneven over the model.

Waiting to see it textured
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Executioner Model - 01/13/07 18:03

As the rest already mentioned, nice model GS
The fingers can be improved but it's a nice modeling job you did there, I'm saying this because most modellers need a reference picture to get inspired and add detail to their work

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 00:18

Ok as promised I got some textures on the Executioner. Now hes ready for rigging so that he can chop off some heads. Hope you like, GS out.

Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 00:59

i never managed to model anything in gimp... dunno why i just dont get it...#
sebe once told me and i tried but i failed miserably.. now i model in med...
and guess what, i can do that...

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 02:08

@Spike.. Im not sure what you mean? You are saying you could model this in MED? GS out.
Posted By: Andvari

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 02:14

as far as i know, GIMP isn't a modelling tool, it's a painting package, like Photoshop
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 06:31

I guess he means blender not gimp Nice model. Agree with Spike if he is talking about MED and Blender
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 11:58

The skinning is comming along nicely, can't wait to see it animated
Great work TGM !!

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: Executioner Model - 01/18/07 13:17

Strange Blender si so powerfull and easy to use compared to MED (top notch
cutting too (loop cut ,loop select etc ... ) ... (see my last thread also
on Blender on Tools topic).

Re: Executioner Model - 01/19/07 08:43

yeah i meant blender...

well, it would take me some time, but yes, i can do that in MED...
i do all my models in MED...

edit: the only thing i still havent learned is unwrapping a model...
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Executioner Model - 01/19/07 16:57

hehe nice, I don't wanna meet that.. thing!

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/20/07 00:42

Ok the next model in the pack is of course our Hero. I tried not to do a Resident Evil clone, thats hard cause Leon is so damn cool! Anyway let me know what you think.. GS out.

Posted By: bstudio

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/20/07 10:35

looks nice, though you could do the folds a little better. Can't wait to see it textured
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/20/07 16:42

Maybe that's just my impression, but I'd lower the whole belt line and the area around it, to make his chest/stomach longer, and his legs shorter. It looks very good!I like how you did the face, and the shirt looks cool as well! the necklace is great
Something about the arms isn't right. They look too triangular...
but other than that: great work!

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/21/07 03:41

i like that one better. pretty good work. will probably look very good when skinned. the only thing that bus me a little is the hair. other than that, good job!
Posted By: Chasarsis

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/22/07 00:18

oi, not bad, especially with that texture work on the last guy.

One thing I can see that would help this guy is make him taller. Right now, due the height of his body he looks like a kid, and because of the adult features of the face, it turns him into a midget.

It's not a viewport perspective issue, either.

Try using the head as the main tool of measurement; right now he's only six head's tall. The typical heroic figure stands between 8 and 9 head's tall.

(he's just stretched here, so unfortunately the head remains proportioned to the body, but I figure he'd ideally be at this height)

Another thing that could help you out is fixing some of the mesh flow issues you have across the model. The connection between the hips and legs needs more polygon's for it to deform properly when animated. Same thing goes for the shoulders (with just that one extra set of edges they'll move up and down just fine, but you also have to consider that the arms will move backwards and forwards when he raises a gun, or starts to run.)

Some of the mesh flow in the head needs fixing as well. You have a good start, and you have an understanding of the structure of the face, but some lines still need to be connected and flow along with the muscles of the face, or done away with entirely.

Anyway, that's my spiel, hope you got something useful out of it.

Cheers

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/31/07 01:34

Ok heres the textured version of the model. I plan to make some other versions of the clothes so that people who purchase the pack can change clothing or pick their favorite skin. Let me know what you think... GS out.

Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 01/31/07 17:56

not bad, i do agree however, that his torso should be stretched up a bit
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 02/01/07 00:27

Lol, no keep it this way, it has a unique sorta comic style, looks cool. (btw his pants's texture creates an optical illusion of longer legs because there's no real hips/lower stomach area. The frontside pants texture looks a bit like the back should look.)

Cheers

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 02/01/07 11:28

a pretteboy hes not..
but cool.
but i agree, you should make him a bito taller. and maybe give him some 3day beard.. looks cool, jack bauer style..

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 02/01/07 18:55

Thanks for the comments guys... I wish I could paint by hand better then the textures would look alot better. Im working on that though. Another model will come soon. GS out.
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: Executioner Model... Next Model in Pack - 02/02/07 10:10

the main body/torso is too short scale it vertically ,a and perhaps
scale down a little the head , and it should be ok.
© 2024 lite-C Forums