Arachnoid-Wip

Posted By: TheGameMaker

Arachnoid-Wip - 01/13/07 19:28

Hi, after some time without doing something in Gamestudio I gonna make something new, my first test with creating a normalmap out of a hightpoly objekt.
Iīm working on a creature called "Arachnoid"
Mostly done with silo, rendering in Max. Polycount: around 5400 tris.
I think I will give it to the comunity when its done, since I didnīt created it for any project, but just for fun..
and here are the Pics:

C&C always welcom!
I will post some updates soon.
Greetz TGM
Posted By: Damarus

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/13/07 20:12

man this model is awesome! i cant wait to see it finished! Good job. With what program did u make the model?

cheers
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/13/07 20:33

@ TGM:

Nice model TheGameMaker It looks like it has got a lot of potential
Good luck with on making progress

@ Damarus:

TGM said it in his post, reading it does help allot
He maded it in Silo and it was rendered in Max

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/13/07 21:04

well then i have missed it but im not the first one who missed something in a text .At least i had the first post . anyways great model.
Posted By: MadMark

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/13/07 23:41

Looks good. Creepy. Kind of reminds me of the Doctor Smith creature from the Lost In Space movie.

Mark

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/14/07 17:41

so, some little update..
a texture for the head:

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/14/07 17:45

WOW man this model looks awesome! Great job man!

cheers

Damarus

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/14/07 18:02

Indeed a nice progress there TGM
But try adding a normal map to increase the detail into your texture
Keep updating this, I've curious how this will turn out when it's fully skinned and maybe even with some nice animation !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/14/07 18:20

although the model is awesome wouldnt the framerate be pretty low in a level if u would use this model in a game? with all those shaders?
Posted By: ello

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 07:46

damarus, thats what shaders are made for: to get this quality at usable framerates;)

absolutely great model.. horror!!!
omg!! i didnt realize you will share that with the community.. freaking ! thats incredible
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 08:50

the model is absolutely fantastic fabulous.
i love it. more than i can say.
and that you will give it to us makes me love you. the cool way of course. you are one gifted and talented fella...
damnit that model rocks!

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 19:59

update:

(very WIP)...
Posted By: Nicolas_B

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 20:39

Wow. The Texture is very nice.
I like the Texture of the face.
good work

gg Nicolas_B
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 20:45

verry nice model indeed, though if you where to put it ingame I thik it would result in some high framerate dropping

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 20:48

It's indeed a nice texturing job but I know it's still a WIP but is seems that the skin on the claws are abit "blurry". Not that it has to do something with the model itself but the shadow looks abit cartoony, I wonder that that was your intention
Besides that, nice update TGM

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 20:54

are you putting the shader skins on the model or do you leave that to us? i would like to see an ingame render

oh and to those who worry about a framedrop..
its a 5k poly tris with a 512 texture (i belive). applying shaders to that doesnt really eat much frames, really...
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 21:10

I agree, the face looks the best. Great model!
And the claws... the body looks great, but the claws' texture just doesn't fit all that great. Not the color, but the way it's put on, or something... yeah, blurry might be a good word for it..
other than that, very well done!
Yeah, ingame shot would be appreciated
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 21:46

I think everything looks ok, except the spine(?) (<- bones in the back where the thing has some meat missing in the torso area) which is textured very strange stretched over instead of textured...

Nice model. Well and I am not 100% up to date, but I thought model makers got themself more free and understood that a lifeform should have or had or at least have something between the legs. A metal plate or something. I saw alot of modern games which actually market that there is/was something. But some games still keep the "there was never anything between the legs" what I personally find ridicuouliciousescoious... damn word...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/15/07 22:21

Yeah, ExCiter is right, between the leg and the actual connection to the torso, there a whole bunch of joints missing. Every leg should have it's own joint, so it can actually rotate. If this was a real animal, it could only move all legs on one side at a time. Still, if this is going to be released for free, it still awesome!

Cheers

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/16/07 00:15

make it female then...
and about the legs, lets assume it originated from a human (like it will in a later project of mine) then it probably split the bones and/or muscular function to walk the way it works best...
nevermind the last sentence...

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/16/07 07:05

Well, actually it must not move the joints at the hip area. Itīs enough to move to move only the "claws" on top of the legs. Itīs like the fingers. We canīt move every single finger from the hand join on, even if they are single bones in the hand. But we could walk with our hand

I hope noone got me wrong. I ment the bone in the back is textured not good (the spine(?)) and if that would be a female monster the breast doesnīt look very female. In common modern video games there are many female monsters with real breasts, like in DiabloII and VampireBloodlines.

In King of Monsters on SNES if you transform from a Monster back into a Human you can see everything. I think that was a good idea I realy like it.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/16/07 07:33

Quote:

Well, actually it must not move the joints at the hip area. Itīs enough to move to move only the "claws" on top of the legs. Itīs like the fingers. We canīt move every single finger from the hand join on, even if they are single bones in the hand. But we could walk with our hand

In this case the three legs on both side may be able to move, but not simultaneously, a bit like the hand example indeed. However for a arachnoid lifeform it would look quite strange if he walks like a bi-ped although having 3 legs on each side.

Anyways, enough about the legs.

Cheers

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/16/07 16:30

Well... its a mutated being, not folowing any of the laws of physics, more a "creature out of some nightmare" which absolutly donīt have to be able to walk^^
but it gonna be animated, as like as just the lower two bones & the claws are movable. The tex of the legs is the thing, thats what it makes it a wip, so donīt worry, I gonna fix this soon. Orginally it got some hornplates like it got on the head, down its back, ending between the legs, hiding the "something" but was deleted while a crahs, and I didnīt recreated it...
I know that your right, but well, its a "creature out of some nightmare" so it donīt have to have anything;P (just a bad excuse, I konw^^ )

some good news are, that I got managed to export animations from Max to GS, so you will have some animations as well.

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/17/07 05:07

edit: wrong post

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/17/07 19:45

update:

currendly Iīm working on the animations, Walk is already done, if someone could host it, I could post a vid/the mdl...
greetz

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/17/07 20:20

Nice! I like the legs way better now. Great job!!

Looks very good. I'd like to see that thing walking^^...

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/17/07 20:42

And here it is:
the animation!!!!
http://dockyard.do.funpic.de/data/tgm/alienwalkani.rar
Posted By: RJDL

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/17/07 20:47

i don't like it, it doesn't seem too friendly :S

but as a model it looks just too cool,
that's some piece of brilliant modelling!
it reminds me of DOOM 3 in a way...
keep going, i'd love to see it finished!

Re: Arachnoid-Wip - 01/18/07 11:31

Well Doom3 as a game with the best monsters of course had influenc to my style...

Update+2vids - 01/18/07 20:04

so.. some update.. attack ani is ready...

AND: the link to the ani is now working^^
http://fsblabs.fs.funpic.de/alienattackani.rar
http://fsblabs.fs.funpic.de/alienwalkani.rar
TGM
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Update+2vids - 01/18/07 20:30

wow... animations look awesome! thumbs up!
Posted By: Andvari

Re: Update+2vids - 01/18/07 20:48

wow, excelent work man!, congrats!!!

just a question, what's the polycount of the model???

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 13:41

Incredible animation!
Looks so alive!
great work!!

Posted By: ello

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 14:43

very organic.. looks really horrible
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 15:27

All the videos don't works in my system (broken archives), can you upload them in youtube?
edit: only the first one does not work.
I see the other videos! Awesome!

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 15:35

thx for all the positiv coments!!!
The polycount is 5400 polys...
currently Iīm working on the death ani, but this one is damned hard... I already deleted 2 trys, but i think, I now know how to do it^^

TGM
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 16:25

yes,the movements are so smooth, and the parralax mapping/normal mapping makes it look so detailed, i love it

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 19:13

hmmm... very good. Its impressive scary, because his eyes are watching somehow everywhere. Looks like its something inside his scull. Realy good.

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 20:33

ok... now something new... I got a god death animation, and I exported it to med.
well.. some questions to you:
which tex size would you prefer?? 1024ē or 512ē??(or even lower??)
and what FPS?? 10, 16, 20??
(the more Frames per sec the bigger, but the better is the quality.. 10 is to less imo)

(a vid of the death ani will come in short)
Greetz TGM
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 20:48

probably 512, doom used 256 so 512 is probably best, i think 20 frames would be good, people could just take out ones they dont want.

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 21:19

doom even use 512.. but if I give it to you with 1024 you can scale it down easily too....
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Update+2vids - 01/19/07 21:44

Woha those animations are really stunning!

And the texture looks good, no nedd for a bigger one.

Could even be smaller, or will it always been visible that close?

Re: Update+2vids - 01/20/07 18:33

ok... 512ē+20FPS...
currently iīve done 4 anis:

walk
attack
stand
death

in a few minutes I gonna post some nice render..

TGM

Re: Update+2vids - 01/20/07 18:42

so.. here is the promissed render:

and the link to the death ani:
http://fsblabs.fs.funpic.de/aliendeathani.rar
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Update+2vids - 01/20/07 18:49

Amazing model. Very well done! Especially the animations, they are perfect.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Update+2vids - 01/20/07 19:10

Your render looks very good!

Nice usage of complementary colors and great bump mapping. Even the slight depth blurry is great.

Re: Update+2vids - 01/20/07 20:02

Same here, fantastic work TGM
You may consider making models like these more often, the result is great and can be used for potential futuristic games. If you could collect a team that is experienced enough to make those type of games together with your modeling skills, the graphics qua modeling would be phenomenal

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Stansmedia

Re: Update+2vids - 01/21/07 00:07

Man, thats really creepy... I love it.

Re: Update+2vids - 01/21/07 18:14

I still think the spine looks to large in y direction. But donīt change that. Itīs good as it is. Very good model and beautyful render

Re: Update+2vids - 01/21/07 18:17

damned.. I knew that there was still something to change befor upload the final..
but hey, this can even be done in Med.. just scale a little bit..
© 2024 lite-C Forums