ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter

Posted By: TimeOut

ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/04/07 18:22

I work since a few Months on this Science Fiction Shooter.
You play on a spaceship and in a Forschungslabor.
There are 7,8 Levels with 6 to 8 different enemies.
You play a Andriod which has some special skills.
I planned to add some RGB Elements when i have the time and when it is possible.
The Game will be completed free.

!IM looking urgent for German members, so when you are interested in it you can see it in the job forum.!

So here a few pictures without enemies, weapons, i hope you liked it anyhow.

Posted By: aztec

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/04/07 18:25

Sorry but I cant see the pics
Posted By: piposlav

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/04/07 18:28

pls ,tell me how you do shadow (technique - stencil/lightmap/shadowmap...)

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/04/07 18:28

Now it works i think or not. Plz wait i moment i load it to my private ftp.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/04/07 18:30

Looks like you did a nice job on the leveling. Particle effects might need some more work, but not that much. It's looking good!
Kinda miss the bots/opponents/elements in the level...

Micha
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 18:32

Well that doesn't look bad TimeOut.
Pretty good, some things look a bit "blocky" and its a bit empty overall, but its a nice start.

Are thoses textures made by you?

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 18:38

Yes its alle made by me, very hard work and its very time-consuming.
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 18:40

Looks good. Partially a little blocky. But in the first frame it looks fantastic. I like the "blocky" pipes tere very much. Has realy a new touch of alien design. Maybe you can keep that touch through the game. But watch out. Only in the first screenshot that blocky style looks good. In the red screen shot itīs the worst. But all in one pretty good.

The particle effects are not yet perfect. Escpacially the second. The first spark effect looks like it has too many sparks. If something sparks as much as that, there is usually a big blue spark (/flame) in the center. But for a common spark too many sparks

Good job! Keep it on!
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 18:48

Nice, keep up the good work, I don't like the red screen (blocky, no shadows visible I guess, empty, too much red etc.) but the rest looks really great!

Cheers
Posted By: aztec

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 19:23

Okay now I see them they look realy nice
Posted By: demiGod

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 19:47

Very nice indeed, keep it the good work !
Just hope the numbers we see on the left isnt the framerate..

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 19:53

Quote:

Very nice indeed, keep it the good work !
Just hope the numbers we see on the left isnt the framerate..

Yes it is the frmaerate but with 1280*1024 4*AA, and with AA 3dgs is very lame, and there are so far no performance optimize.
Posted By: broozar

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 20:03

try 8xAA and 16xAF... you're gonna love it

some real crits:
-have a look at your fllor texture on the 2nd shot, it's too repetitive.
-your textures are awesome, sometimes they don't stitch together seamlessly.
-the cables are no problem in my eyes.
-the hard shadow looks sometimes weird, esp. at the barrels in the 1st shot.
-really nice illumination in the last shot
-1st shot looks best
-the pipes in shot2 have no connection to the ceiling, looks unnatural
-what's that particle thingy in shot 3? shot1, the sparks are cool, but what's shot3?

in general: nice shader and lighting work, very atmospheric. 2nd and 4th lack detail. bit blocky architecture.

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 20:36

In the 3.Shot the particel thing is water, i have no idea how i can this do better.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 20:41

The lightning and the shadows are indeed nice work which add great atmosphere to the level. I think if you're going to add more details and as these future details look as great as the pictures you've posted out then this could become one hell of nice game

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: EX Citer

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 21:06

Water? That is hard! Water is not bright. Itīs just transparent.

Well, I could think of transparent particles with different bitmaps which have water(-drops)-shapes.
Or a model. Or a model with enviroment map, or a model and particels for the steam where the water hits the surface.

Lol inestical... My point was NOT TO USE BRIGHT. If possible I would use subtract instead of bright (darken).

EDIT: One thing I forgot. The title... Anima... the first thing I thought was anime when I read the title. Well, after I watched the screen shots, it looks not very much like anime anymore. So you maybe have a better title for the game, if I am not the only one who is confused, and you donīt want users to think about anime when they see the screenshots.

Posted By: Inestical

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 21:13

use nearly unvisible and fully colorless particles, and add flare or bright to it.

should make good water..
Posted By: FBL

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 21:22

You should use the smooth flag on pipes and barrels - this will help to make them look more round.

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 21:33

Quote:

Water? That is hard! Water is not bright. Itīs just transparent.

Well, I could think of transparent particles with different bitmaps which have water(-drops)-shapes.
Or a model. Or a model with enviroment map, or a model and particels for the steam where the water hits the surface.

Lol inestical... My point was NOT TO USE BRIGHT. If possible I would use subtract instead of bright (darken).

EDIT: One thing I forgot. The title... Anima... the first thing I thought was anime when I read the title. Well, after I watched the screen shots, it looks not very much like anime anymore. So you maybe have a better title for the game, if I am not the only one who is confused, and you donīt want users to think about anime when they see the screenshots.

Anima heißt auf lateinisch Leben deswegen wird der Titel wohl so bleiben.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 21:44

Shaders? sphere?...

Or simply blocks with nice design?...

Shadows tell me it's made of models, but not with sphere, as sphere uses a soft-shadow design. Only certain models are using shadows too...

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/04/07 22:27

Its alle made with Models, which are modelling in Cinema 4D and Skinned in Bodypaint.
I used an older Normalmapping Code and the normal A& stencil Shadows.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 03:02

looks basic. generic textures, lightning, no special effects, emty rooms. very WIP thats for sure. but a good start. fill the rooms with anything. i reccomend dirt, it all looks so clean. stuf that lies around, more stuff onscreen...

also a FPS Shooter is an oxymoron because FPS means first person shooter, so you basically have a first person shooter shooter. are you shooting first person shooters in this game? (wait... that ives me an idea!)

other than that, good start...
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 04:57

Quote:

also a FPS Shooter is an oxymoron because FPS means first person shooter

that's called a tautology

but i have to very much agree. some well-made textures but they aren't thought out. quite empty. it's showing off some fancy lighting, and it all fits together quite well, but it seems to be lacking in the "design" aspect of it.

the walls in the water room look nice, and i'm glad you can tell the water needs some work i wouldn't use particles. i'd use an animated model (just swaying back and forth a little bit) with a moving texture. combine that texture with a normal map and some specular highlights, and it could look great. or, if you are looking for more of a "white-water" splashing effect, the particles should be white and more rounded. if you have a boat look at the wake close up while someone else drives.

julz
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 05:05

fps shooter is not oxymoronic, oxymorons are opposites, rather fps shooter is redundant.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 05:09

the word "shooter" is redundant, but the phrase is a tautology
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 10:19

Lol, true, it's like a free gift! Anyways, let's not derail the topic. The game is looking pretty okey to me.

Cheers
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 10:44

Quote:

the word "shooter" is redundant, but the phrase is a tautology

yeah sorry my mistake. i always make this mistake^^
Posted By: Damocles

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS Shooter - 03/05/07 11:41

I just wonder how fast this should run with stencil shadows.
Why not simply use BSP then? , as BSP ist still quite good for narrow indoor levels.

Or you get sphere then, or some Texture baker, if you want to stick to the Model approach.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: ANIMA:Science-Fiction FPS - 03/05/07 18:40

Very nice
© 2024 lite-C Forums