"Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo

Posted By: Drew

"Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 04:47

SInce I don't think I'll actually continue this for a while, I wanted to share... basically because gamestudio is so awesome.

Its just a single monkey on the moon, no real gameplay.
COntrols are the ARROW keys...
---------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD Playable tech demo here:
Download

---------------------------------------------------

Posted By: EX Citer

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 06:35

very cool. The Monkey is a little very blocky. On some rocks-tgas I can see a black seam in the blur. Let me guess, you had in a photopaintprogramm the mountain sprite as a layer over an black background, and you made an alpha channel out of the layer. Well the problem is before you save that as tga you must make the layer untransparent before you save. You can do that by dublicating the layer and then make them one, doublicate and make them one and again and again and again and again. In some better photopaintprogramms you can set the transparency with a transparenty pen. This way itīs easy to get a solid color without that doublicating method. Maybe you can make a protocoll/script/action for that doublicating thing.

Oh yeah, overall very fantastic looking game. I like it. Very stylish.
Posted By: mpdeveloper_A

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 15:46

It looks great to me. "and it looks like a Smashing Pumpkins video"
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 15:47

This does look really cool, and funny. I think the monkey's polys are sufficient. I'll probably be watching this one
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 18:15

Its very nice, indeed. The movement of the camera fits extremely good!
Posted By: frazzle

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 19:34

Ah yes I remember this project of yours Drew, it has got a very unique style qua graphics and the gameplay is very simple as you mentioned but I quite appriciate you post out a demo of this

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Pedro_Amorim

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 20:31

downloading as we speak. but from the screenshots looks awesome:D
awesome job, congratulations
Posted By: cartoon_baboon

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/13/07 23:13

This little demo just oozes character. Really impressive concept. Pitty about the seam in the background layer.
Posted By: Drew

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/14/07 01:02

thanks guys, glad you like it...

Yes, its rough..seams, edges.... Maybe some day I'll work more on it, problem is I have no AI for it, maybe can add something with intense X

Drew
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: "Attack of the Moonmonkey" small tech demo - 03/14/07 01:34

well if it's a platformer all you need is ai that moves left and right (paces) until the character is spotted by it and then it walks up to him and attacks, at least that's what it looks like
© 2024 lite-C Forums