Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer

Posted By: KojaK

Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/24/07 18:15

This is a game I've been working on for several months. It is getting very close to being completed, so I deceded to show a trailer to get the game recognised. You may notice several graphic errors, such as the gun shot "fire". That has yet to be fixed.

Once the game is done, I shall release a second trailer, along with the demo.

Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer

Click here for the forums
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/24/07 18:50

could use a lot more variation, and some enemy projectiles, because currently the game looks very easy

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/24/07 18:59

yeah, I have someone doing up different skins for the zombies, and I'll randomize them to get more variation.

But I like the "enemy projectiles" idea. What do you have in mind? rocks? knives?

You must understand something, that is not the only game mode. There are two others, one where you are in the open, and they come from all sides, and another where you must take the flag from one zombie infested base, to another.
Posted By: Blink

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/24/07 19:11

i like it, i think you should have a rage meter that increases your firepower and speed as the adrenaline starts pumping as you become overwhelmed by zombies!

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/24/07 19:34

Holy crap! That's the best idea I've ever heard for the game!
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/25/07 14:08

yeah, rocks and knives would work, so that you couldnt just sit in a corner, hold down the mouse button and move it back and forth, so that you'd have to actually move a little

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/27/07 19:52

I like the ideas!

In the Bastion mode, where the zomibies come from every angle, I think that would be a little much. As of now, it's hard enough with them continually ambushing you from every angle. But I'll see if I can manage that!
Posted By: vartan_s

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/27/07 21:29

Hmm, nice game. I can't see enough detail from the video. It would be nice to see how well you've the particle effects and whether you've put shaders and stuff. Maybe you could post some screenshots.

As for hard enough.... there's never hard enough... there's always some crazy guy who'll manage to do well in it .
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/28/07 19:06

breaking news: Night tomorrow to be: DARK!

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 08/28/07 19:44

The only shader I have so far is the metal shader for the gun, and that only works in some areas for some strange reason...

When I posted the first demo, which was pretty hard, I could barely get over 100 kills. One person from my forum maxed out the kill gauge.

I will post some screen shots tomorrow, maybe...

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/04/07 19:54

Here are the screenshots you guys wanted.

Here we see a zombie, half illuminated by the flickering light

Here's a shot of some of the blood splatters:

Here's a shot of some action. As you can see, I have fixed the gun flash effect.

Here are two shots of the new weapon, the metal storm. This gun(in real life) shoots one million shots per minute, which = 16,666 shots per second, which is 555 shots per frame of Avenger, much too fast to simulate. So I just coded the gun to kill in one hit, and shoot every frame. It ended up shooting so fast, it slows down the frame rate, and interestingly enough, simulating adrenaline!

Posted By: frazzle

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/05/07 16:42

Looks better then your first beta video don't know how that comes, keep on improving which will result in a great looking game
Just use a higher texture resolution, this will lead into a better look.

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/05/07 21:18

could you give me your zombie model?
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/05/07 21:39

It has a nice horro-flare and is a bit like "The Endless Zombie Rampage", it seems that the gun muzzle is on the right position now, too.

Do the weapons have to be reloaded?

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/06/07 19:45

Yes. The weapon you see there has seven clips, 55 shots each.

The metal storm has 1000 shot.

You can get more ammo from the ammo chest that is next to where you start out.
Posted By: ShoreVietam

Re: Avenger: Anger Management Beta Trailer - 09/07/07 06:21

Ah I see, nice idea.
© 2024 lite-C Forums