Batman from DC comics

Posted By: Marin

Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 14:33

Hi everyone
I started this character a few months ago,
and i'm learning the nex gen technology( Normalmaping )
This is the first character with normal maping i made.
so the crits are welcome.& tnx

Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 14:45

The face looks odd and the neck is a bit too long, but other than that: Superb!
Posted By: Arrovs

Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 14:56

Nice! No more words! Very nice!

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 15:11

thank u
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 15:31

odd face, neckt wayyyyyy to long, ears to long too, bat-emblem very 60ys, too small, to close to the neck, obviously influenced by burtons batman, wich makes it cool enough, but you really need to change the things mentioned

and please remove the nipples...

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 15:38

The model was built using real life size references.
The mask makes the neck look too long.Anyway there are some things to be fixed,especially the lighting.I'm also going to pose him better so it will have a darker look,ala tim burton
Posted By: aztec

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 16:50

cool I somehow like it

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 18:06

anyway i'm glad u like it thank u every one
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 19:15

The proportion qua muscles for a hero like Batman is well balanced but I would advice you to give him a larger chest and shoulder area for the sake of the superhero aspect As for the rest, this is great work

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: BlueBeast

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/11/08 21:01

Shorter neck, bigger arms (not longer), His shoulders are way too small, but fix those things and he'll look almost perfect!

It's a great start.

Remember... even using reference pictures as a background, tweaking is always needed

Great work!
Posted By: mpdeveloper_B

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/12/08 04:31

it does look a bit odd, and it actually looks like an evil batman, but as some have mentioned that if you changed some of the features it will look good, but a very good texturing job, and i agree with spike, no nipples, i hate the batman with nipples

also, how do you use specular and diffuse texture maps to get the lighting like that? i would love to know how
Posted By: Nems

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/12/08 04:42

I like the Dark Knight look, its something thats not explored enough with this character I think, real emotive loose cannon sort of thing for the BatMan

But yeah, get rid of the nipples, this a character that is wholey human with no special powers or abilities so body armour should be the go with the torsoe look and to give the augmented physical characteristics the BatMan exhibits like power punches, landing hard from great heights, leaping and all that, its reminescent of exoskeletal augmentation.

Absolutly great model though
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/12/08 08:05

Looks good

My standard question: Which programs did you use?
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/15/08 06:22

the normal map works great for the cape, really effectively takes a low level model and make ist look high detail, great job
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Batman from DC comics - 03/16/08 02:02

Whether it's intentional or not, this is a cross between one of the movie suits (looks like '89 Keaton except for the nipples) and comic artist Kelley Jones (very long ears and neck, narrow face and skinny body...you just need a 20 foot long cape and make him hunch now ).

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_bwbatjones_2.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov07/e/Batman-multiverse.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bdVR-JIDi2g/RyaQbziULaI/AAAAAAAAD4g/FqriQdeSmIQ/s1600-h/141_4_000000494.jpg
© 2024 lite-C Forums