(WIP) My First Game using 3DGS (No Title Yet)

Posted By: bk9iq

(WIP) My First Game using 3DGS (No Title Yet) - 07/21/10 20:53

Hello all,
I am working on a small game that uses NVIDIA PhysX technology that is recently added to GS engine...
This is my first project using 3DGS Free Edition..

Credits Go to:
-David Lancaster For his tutorial that gave me a start
-George Dan Pirvu For the Amazing AUMs
-Exile For his Model (For Temporary Use)
-Kotakide For the Animations of the Model (For Temporary Use)

The model in this video is for testing only ... I am working on a new model... (No Weapon Attached yet) ... Also No level design and lighting yet

I still don't have the ability to write complex codes but this is all what I could achieve until now:
1- 3rd Person Camera Like Kingdom Hearts
2- Camera Collisions with Blocks
3- Physics Player (Movement & Collision)
4- Physics Bullets
5- Camera Close-Up (Scoping) (On Right Click for Shooting)
6- Physics Boxes
7- Physics Balls
8- Weapon's Particles
9- Bullets' Particles

As you can see I still have many things to do... However, I failed to accomplish some due to the fact that I am newbie and others because I am using Free Edition

I am still seeking help with Jumping and Physics
Help Me Here Please

However, Here is a sample video (NO LEVEL DESIGN, NO PP EFFECTS, NO SHADERS, NO LIGHTS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLs7uuEATnk

Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: (WIP) My First Game using 3DGS (No Title Yet) - 07/22/10 10:19

Looks nice, Physics are also nice, but nothing you couldn't have done with ODE, so where are the special features? wink

I would like to see the Level Design, the Shaders, the PP Effects and maybe th eLights grin
Posted By: bk9iq

Re: (WIP) My First Game using 3DGS (No Title Yet) - 07/22/10 16:43

Thanks TheLiam for the nice comment..
Now I did not say that there is anything special about my code... this is my first code-writing try so I think it is not that bad.. ... However, I am working on improving the code and designing my character ... And for level desgin, I should buy the commercial edition first so that I can put some shaders and pp effects laugh
Thanks again...

© 2024 lite-C Forums