sylex error

Posted By: draculaFactory

sylex error - 10/03/06 23:58

im using sylex 3 and i am getting this error when i try to use the water shader:

error e1513: crash in SLX3EffectInitialize

Re: sylex error - 10/04/06 12:05

thought i might add that i tried a water shader demo using the exact same code as mine (from the sylex manual) and it worked, but when i try to use the code in my game i get an error.
Posted By: Chris3D

Re: sylex error - 10/04/06 14:35

you have to copy the sylx_water.fx in your root folder
Posted By: innovater

Re: sylex error - 10/04/06 14:56

what about watter Properties

Posted By: sheefo

Re: sylex error - 10/04/06 16:46

Copy the entire folder containing the FX files. You need everything in your project for it to work.

Re: sylex error - 10/04/06 19:12

Lol, yes i have all of the fx files in my folder. I have implimented other features of sylex like the bloom shader and those work perfectly. as far as the settings i am using the default settings that were in the manual. i spent a day trying to get this to work to no avail.
Posted By: Salva

Re: sylex error - 10/05/06 09:11

Hi!

Also I after any time has done it work, but there is a problem, I also use the default setting, and when start the level the water is not seen only in the lake but also out of the lake!! when the player turns around to a certain angle then disappears the water, does anybody know what could be?

salva

Re: sylex error - 10/06/06 00:53

Got er wurkin! I must have accidently changed something I don't know, I don't rember changing anything cause I don't know wtf I'm doing anyhow.

The loopix sky system thing works nice with this shader.
Posted By: sheefo

Re: sylex error - 10/06/06 15:09

Cool, it looks great. When I used the watershader the offset of the reflections were odd. It looks like it works well for you
Posted By: oronll

Re: sylex error - 10/07/06 00:50

can someone post the code for this ? i could never get it to work ..

Re: sylex error - 10/07/06 15:33

salva: in and out of the lake eh? the sylex manual states that the water will be at z position 0! i had this problem too so basically align ur water plane so that it is on z position 0 and move ur terrain or level geometry up or down to adjust the level of the water. also, i noticed that it doesnt matter what action that you apply the slx_water to, the water will always be a flat plane stretching out into nothing like seen in my pic. i assigned it to a small cube and got the same result as assigning it to a flat model with 4 vertices and 2 faces.

ornll: im just using the default code from the sylex manual, i am using all of the default settings used as an example in the manual.
Posted By: oronll

Re: sylex error - 10/08/06 18:52

im using the code from the manual .. I had to do some minor fixes like add a wait
to the while loop . i dont get any errors . its just not working
© 2024 lite-C Forums